Easy way to test Viewports

At the moment, I have to constantly edit positions in my code to move around the model/camera and then run test, wait forever it to load, find it not be right, close and redo and repeat over and over again. Can take hours just to get a position absolutely perfect.

So I was wondering is there a way in game (in studio) to edit the camera/model position and have it update on screen?

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what you mean. It sounds to me though, that you could just move the model in the view port back into workspace, adjust it a bit, and then put it back in the view port to check if it’s right. Is this what you mean?

@Zomebody made a rad plugin for previewing viewports that might resolve some of your pain.

3 Likes

You can use .Heartbeat to auto update the position of the model in the command bar. Just make sure you have a global variable attached to the connection so you can disconnect it whenever needed.

If you’re having trouble with camera angles, try setting CurrentCamera to your Camera instance in Workspace, then find the perfect angle by flying around and copy the CFrame position and angles into your code when you’re happy with it :slightly_smiling_face: