EasyPBR - Easy To Use PBR Plugin

About

With EasyPBR you can import PBR textures AND Sky Boxes into your game in just a few clicks. It’s as simple as that!

Features

Custom Textures
Preview
Skyboxes
Textures
Right Click Menu (Delete/Preview textures)

Ideas

Material Variant Support
Tile surface appearances
Revamp some UI (maybe)

Pages

PBR Page

The PBR Page is where you can preview or import PBR textures into your game!

Skybox Page

The Skybox Page is where you can also preview or import skyboxes into your game.
NOTE: There is only 5 skyboxes atm.

Preview

The Preview Window is where you can preview textures or skyboxes!

Add

The Add Window is where you can add your OWN textures that saves over multiple experiences!
(Working on making the UI look better)

Download

Download Link

Updated 2024-07-22

10 Likes

Like i said this is my first dev forum post and i keep messing the post up. HOW DO I ADD IMAGES :sob: I GIVE UP

1 Like

Ctrl + V

Example:

2 Likes

download link broken too, please fix

1 Like

Just remove the HTML elements in your post. I saw your post’s source and because of the amount of “hr” and “h1” elements the images are broken. Rather, use two hash symbols before the text like so:

This is a title!

## This is a title!

1 Like

Here’s the link and images if anyone is wondering. I don’t know why they don’t work in the topic, but only in the reply.

2 Likes

This looks really good and a very valuable plugin to have, but i already have a plugin like this, Add Easy Texture, that provides a lot of textures that can be applied to a part with a couple clicks, so (other than the ui) what sets your plugin apart?

1 Like

His contain skyboxes, PBR textures (unless yours does too), and that’s about it.

THANK YOU!!! By removing the html stuff it actually worked. There was a text saying that you could use html and stuff but NOPE.

Yes there are a few plugins similar to/better than this one but I’m committed to making this one the best. I’m also developing this on my own and some stuff takes more tome than the other, not because it’s hard, because it’s time consuming. I’m also trying to keep the plugin as optimized as possible.

1 Like

No problem! You could use html but then you would need to use only html i.e using “img” or “a” tags.

Also now that we have a preview, this plugin looks amazing! Good job!

New Update so I updated the post if anyone wonders

1 Like

Pretty nice.

Is there a way you can add it so we can load and save our own pbr and skyboxes?

That would be nice so we do not need to search all the time through the Roblox toolbox…

Also a sort with recently used would be cool.

Yes! I’ve been considering making that (saving). The only “problem” is saving the textures over multiple experiences, thats what you meant right? I’ll have to use get/setSetting() to save the textures in tables but I’m a but unsure on how to use get/setSetting(). My next goal is to be able to save textures/skyboxes. It cant be that hard, I’ll just save a table :sweat_smile:

Recently used could be a bit harder since im using Ui layouts and I have no idea how to manipulate them

Just looked it up and i could just do the exact same thing as a datastore but with setSetting()

— SetAsync—
local table = {}
datastorething:SetAsync(key, table)

— SetSetting —
local table = {}
plugin:SetSetting(textures, table)

1 Like

After 27 days, LOL I’ve finnaly updated the plugin. If you find any errors with the saving pls let me know!

1 Like

Cool, I am checking it out.

I would make this font size bigger, I can barely read it on a big monitor…

Also , do you know why on some meshes , it does not do the pbr, but only a single color?

I made this mesh in Paint 3D.

path2.glb (20.2 KB)

Also for the plugin, can you add it so it can also make custom materials from the pbr? So it creates a new Material Serivce? then it could have StudsPerTile, and also Organic…

Thanks for letting me know! I will look into these issues and try to fix them asap and yes Im planning to add material variant support, I wrote down some of my toughts in the post! :grin: I accedentally replied the the post lol

it might be something in how 3d Paint makes the mesh in that for some reason surface appearances do not work right… I wish I knew why…

I tried using a remesh modifier in blender to fix the model, but that did not work.
I also tried to use material variants (im planning on adding support) and it worked fine