Edgeworks, a VR action platformer

With the new year, comes the release of my latest VR game! Edgeworks!
Here’s the trailer:

link:

Edgeworks is a VR action platformer, with parkour and climbing mechanics, and its first act release today!

Right now the sandbox is kinda limited, as there’s only a handful of items you can spawn (one of them being explosive barrels :eyes: )

Feedback (or if you find bugs) is always appreciated!

31 Likes

this looks awesome!!!

I don’t own a VR headset that is compatible with this, but I would love to play it someday!

Wow your game looks awesome!! We really need some more VR games, nice!

Will this be free, or if it won’t, how much Robux will it cost to play?

Wow, this is probably the first time I’ve seen a VR game that’s actually good on ROBLOX! I think you did a fantastic job on this one! Nice work!

it will not be free,
450 :robux: is the price it will be for the foreseeable future

When playing the game I frequently had to reset since my hands got stuck inside a wall.
This happened when barrels exploded or multiple at a time did

i’ll look into that.
You should be able to ‘pull’ you hand out if it gets stuck by moving it far in the opposite direction.

Even when I tried to pull out the hands they just wouldn’t move or budge in the slightest (and no the hands didn’t disable collisions)

Do you know how well the Index Knuckles function? I’ve had a lot of issues in other VR games using them and fear not being able to really play the game.

in short, not well.

A/B do nothing. Grab is bound to the pressure sensor (so you have to squeeze super hard for it to register), and i’ve been told the joysticks are friccy.

you can try rebinding through steamVR (If you try, message me to lmk how it goes)

Sadly, VR is such a niche thing, that it’s simply not worth the engineer’s time to work on it unless it’s critical.

2 Likes

Oh cool, another VR game for me to try out! Unfortunately, I don’t own a VR headset but would love to try it. Nice work

Very unfortunate, but also the answer I was expecting. I’ll consider looking into SteamVR binds, if I do I’ll let you know. Thank you for for the answer, though! My brother has the Quest and the Quest 2 so I may ask if I can borrow it and give it a shot. Thanks for giving the VR community some much needed love; those ‘God’ styled games are neat for a bit, but I feel despite the lackluster support so much more can be done… and here’s proof!

Could you maybe add a function to “cock” your guns?