Editing Tutorial Hub

Hello!

I just had an enquiry regarding the Bulletin Board category. I have searched and found it is a default Discourse feature that after some time, you lose editing permissions, is there any way I can reset it?

I have a tutorial hub and was going to edit the post, and I found that I couldn’t edit it or delete it.

What can I do to get editing permissions back? Will I need to post the topic again in a different category like tutorials?

Please provide any help!

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, I have read that.

But is there a way I can get permissions back?

If not, do I have to repost it?

If I do repost it, will the same thing happen in a different topic like tutorials?

You can reply to your own topics in #bulletin-board; just do that for now.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be the best, as I link posts, need to add new lessons, etc.

It would become quite messy.

Should I repost it on tutorials and ask the moderators to remove the post?

Then do lesson per reply?

no

You won’t get in trouble for reposting on #bulletin-board; the category is muted by default and/so nobody browses there directly. However it seems even more messy to maintain multiple topics just to make 1 edit.

I would wait until we get an official staff response. I hope this is just an accidental change, because #bulletin-board wasn’t the only category affected. I can’t edit any of my posts anymore that are hours old.

2 Likes

By tutorials, I mean tutorials in #resources if that wasn’t clear.

Thanks for the help though.

Yes, now I realise, some of my posts no longer allow me to edit. It is actually quite frustrating. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for the feedback regarding this. This change was made in response to developers editing their old posts as a way to delete them, rather than requesting us to remove their posts. As this is causing issues I’ve reverted the change. We will continue to investigate ways to prevent this from happening while still allowing you to edit your old topics. Sorry about that!

10 Likes

Thank you for your action on this!

1 Like