Editted a Piano model to auto-play

Open sourced place: The Autoplaying Piano - Roblox
Original model: http://www.roblox.com/Piano-Bundle-v1-1-item?id=254415530

No changes GUI wise, but parents the needed stuff it does not exist, and autoplays music.
Note: Seat is disabled, you can renable it if you want for your things, it is a nice property.

Video of a song by Mozart:

One of my friends was looking for it, and I was too, mostly because neither of us knew how to play the Piano. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s pretty awesome. Question: Are the notes played on the piano accurate to the notes of the song? That’d be really impressive.

In terms of if you hit C, the note is an C? The answer is no, as you go across and down on your keyboard, it goes across the piano for the manual one (which I did not make)

All songs are actually from here: Virtual Piano Music Sheets | World's Largest Library | Virtual Piano Sheets

It doesn’t seem to have any rests or held notes, so it just sounds rushed. Also that song doesn’t sound like a song by Mozart. I think it’s this song. It’s interesting though, reminds me of those old Player Pianos one of my friends has:

[quote] It doesn’t seem to have any rests or held notes, so it just sounds rushed. Also that song doesn’t sound like a song by Mozart. I think it’s this song. It’s interesting though, reminds me of those old Player Pianos one of my friends has:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhN7SG-H-3k [/quote]

I noticed the exact same thing – I’m an avid pianist and I love Yiruma’s pieces! :smiley:

Was about to point out that it was Yiruma and not Mozart. Looks as if I was beat to it, though. Tempo is all off though! :frowning:

1 Like

All I did was make it autoplay… anything else should be brought to the original maker of the piano model. :stuck_out_tongue:

“woah midi sounds like midi astonishing”

also setting the audio to play C shouldn’t be too hard, all you have to do is match the pitch of whatever it uses for the base note to C by ear, or use a tuner. Assuming that this piano is playing the same note just pitch/speed adjusted

Cool! Now figure out a way to send http requests to some website that can take input from pianos that are plugged into your computer and make it so you can play your roblox piano in ROBLOX (:<

Honestly though if someone could figure out a way to do that, that would be amazing.

[quote] Cool! Now figure out a way to send http requests to some website that can take input from pianos that are plugged into your computer and make it so you can play your roblox piano in ROBLOX (:<

Honestly though if someone could figure out a way to do that, that would be amazing. [/quote]

You gave me a really cool idea.

Please, please, please use this for a horror game :stuck_out_tongue:
It would be amazing, just hearing a piano playing scary music, and all the keys are moving by themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote] Please, please, please use this for a horror game :stuck_out_tongue:
It would be amazing, just hearing a piano playing scary music, and all the keys are moving by themselves :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

It would be really great in a ‘haunted mansion’-esque setting where the backstory is that murders have gone on there,and nobody knows why or how…

[quote] Please, please, please use this for a horror game :stuck_out_tongue:
It would be amazing, just hearing a piano playing scary music, and all the keys are moving by themselves :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

It would be really great in a ‘haunted mansion’-esque setting where the backstory is that murders have gone on there,and nobody knows why or how…[/quote]
Playing darude sandstorm

[size=1]fun fact; i can[/size]

Playing Darude Sandstorm xD Best comment of the day.

I made this a few years ago.
The song and it’s tones are manually plotted in with specific time between tones (all) and so. It’s no good system, to be honest. Just thought I’d post it anyway.
It was supposed to be used as a keypad - you gathered clues about tones around the place, and had to plot them in. Once you plotted them in the correct way, the piano would finish playing the song while a secret opened up.

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]9X-3uIjuu2U