Educational One-Time acc

Luckily? I am not a teacher.

Good Idea, but like @FloofyNezzled said

2 Likes

Roblox did announcement they would be adding a classroom mode along with a bunch of other educator features before.

Classroom Mode is expected to release in Q4 2022.

It seems like they didn’t proceed with it though. Funnily enough the documentation still states it’s expected release date, 2 years ago.

Is Classroom Mode in every Roblox Experience?

Because developers choose to include Classroom Mode, it’s not found in every experience.

The Classroom Collection will be released in Q1 2022, along with Classroom Mode.

Classroom mode would of been an opt in feature for developers and they would be been a collection of educational experiences.

For those interested you can read the below:

I would love to see Roblox revisit these promises and add better systems for educators but now it seems like Roblox has lost interest and abandoned it.

1 Like

I understood him as saying that he wants to tailor specifically which games students can play.

If he wants the class to play Lumber Tycoon 2, he can run an instance of that game using an RBXL file and ask the students to join.

Unlike other revivals, you have to manually type in the IP address of the game you wish to join (kinda like in Minecraft).

I also think that doing this sets a good precedent for software freedom and community-based hosting in the students’ future.

1 Like

Right, but where are you gonna find RBXL files of random games?

I wholeheartedly agree, but most will pass them off as “that one weird teacher that didn’t use conventional software”

2 Likes

Roblox could create a version of the proposed Classroom Mode where students create anonymous “Guest” accounts to join a game without the functionality of a regular account. These accounts could be created each time a teacher initiates a “play session” of a game, and students could optionally create their own Roblox account.

This makes the process of playing the game faster and removes the need for the students to have accounts altogether, unless the teacher wants the students to save their progress.

With no functionality as a regular Roblox account, the student is limited to the games that the teacher makes them play, and the teacher could regulate what access they have to their “account” (which will act more like a guest account).

There are plenty of RBXL archives online. Most are from before 2020.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s gonna be an issue. Plenty of educational games have released in that time period

1 Like

This sounds stellar: a Roblox education edition of sorts.