[Effect] v1.1 Lightning Beams: Seamless, smooth and procedurally animated with beam-like properties

Hmm, is there a reason you create a loop to auto-delete those parts?
This voids the point of a PartCache and makes it less performant

ā€¦ yes? some parts were literally standing there still working, and by that i mean, some random parts were still at 0 transparency, and some of them were still invoking sparks.

in a lightning made out of 50 parts, 1 to 6 of those would get ā€œstuckā€ in the lightning stage and wouldnā€™t disappear, ever.

as i said, idk if this was a problem with Studio or what, but i seem to have fixed it (or it fixed itself), so i really dont know.

I thought you was referring to the latest version (v1.1) which has the PartCache but doesnā€™t have LightningSparks. Youā€™re referring to v1
Iā€™m re-doing LightningSparks when I get some more time as that was a known issue and the entire of LightningSparks needs a refactor as I wrote it many years ago before the release of the module

1 Like

Hey i have an issue with using your module (it didnā€™t delete some parts and im using Bolt.PulseLenght)
Parts are invisnbles and anchored so it due no lags.

im making the bolt animations for 100 seconds
parts are from SparksModule
have a nice day

1 Like

Itā€˜s really so amazing! Didnt know you could use it this same way

1 Like

im making some Additional function to this amazing module but as you can see i have some issue using sparks

1 Like

I so desperately wish this amazing module was maintained and had better performance, especially when using the part version. This can create jaw dropping effects and can really make a game stand out. I donā€™t really have the need to add any more functionality or efficiency to this Module yet, but I inevitably will and Itā€™ll take a lot of time from the more important development aspects of my game. Is their any alternative to this Module? Something well maintained, or at the very least, more efficient?

You can use the old image adornment version but that version isnā€™t maintained anymore.
Also, this is still being maintained. If youā€™ve found an issue or wish to pull request, it is open to them.

By more efficient, is there something you are perhaps pertaining to? If so, Iā€™d prefer actual issues be mentioned in the github appropriately (if an existing issue for it isnā€™t already on the github) or even written here with suggestions for improvement

1 Like

Just took a look at your github, so stupid of me to assume It wasnā€™t being maintained just because it wasnā€™t being announced :sweat_smile:. I think I have been using the outdated version the entire time, which would explain why the ā€œPart versionā€ started dropping frames with such little happening internally. I would give you repro code, however I believe it was just the fact that I was careless enough to not check the github. Glad this was ACTUALLY being maintained.

1 Like

I even looked at the comments of the post and you were actively replying on future changes :joy:, man I make some bold comments when Iā€™m tired.

Sorry for bumping this but Iā€™ve read through most of the replies and iā€™ve been having the same issue as some of the people yet their solutions didnā€™t really make sense to me. How could I have the effect run for all the clients and not the server? Iā€™ve been at it for quite some time and I still canā€™t figure it out, all help would be very appreciated.

This is a better question for #help-and-feedback:scripting-support since it is not specifically related to the library (your question would apply to any client effect library, the approach is generic). Make sure to provide ample detail so users can help you out there.

Could you make so the lightning beam can go to custom directions?
Something that would make the lightning redirect / make its own pathway

1 Like

@Quasiduck Is there way to add the light emission and influence to this module?

The lightning example doesnā€™t reach rightaway. I want the lightning colliding immediatly.

I really like this, but do you somehow know why when i move the part further away from the other part, it makes the lightning bolt real thin? Is there a way to fix that?

Guys, i really need help for creating the thunder lighting storm that Quasiduck has demonstrated. I will link his original clip

Clip:

6 Likes

Yes,
Replace your code with this line of code:

NewBolt.MinThicknessMultiplier, NewBolt.MaxThicknessMultiplier = 1, 1
1 Like

how do i get the github into roblox

just download it and open it from your file. You can copy and paste all the scripts and stuff into your desired game

2 Likes