Egg Not Shaking

Hello, I’m trying to make a shaking animation for the egg that I’m making.
It just stays still like this:

Yet in the properties, the orientation is changing.

Here’s my code

local part = game.Workspace.eggtest
local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
local DurationOfTween = .75
local IsNegative = false

game:GetService("RunService"):BindToRenderStep("...", Enum.RenderPriority.Camera.Value + 1, function()
   part.CFrame = camera.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, 0, -8)
while true do
	if IsNegative == false then
		part.Orientation = Vector3.new(15, 0, 0)
		wait(.75 / 15)
	wait(0.05)
		part.Orientation = Vector3.new(-15, 0, 0)
		wait(.75 / 15)
		wait(0.1)
		end

end

end)

You should not (cannot!) use wait in a function that is to be run every-frame, as that will cause slowdowns and other problematic issues.

When using BindToRenderStep (and similar), the function, that would be executed every-frame, MUST do whatever it should do in as little time as possible, without doing any delays nor any artificial waiting.

It is explicitly stated for the BindToRenderStep documentation that:

Make sure that any code called by BindToRenderStep runs quickly and efficiently. If code in BindToRenderStep takes too long, then the game visuals will be choppy.

So if you still want to use BindToRenderStep, to do a shaking animation, I would suggest the below approach instead, containing no wait statements, as it instead counts the number of times it is called (i.e. frames), to simulate a “wait” before inverting the orientation:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local renderStepName = "ShakeEgg" -- A unique identification

local function StopShaking()
  pcall(function()
    RunService:UnbindFromRenderStep(renderStepName)
  end)
end

local function StartShaking(part)
  StopShaking() -- Failsafe, in case developer forgot to stop the previous shaking

part.CFrame = camera.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, 0, -8)

local offsetX = 15
  local frameCount = 0

RunService:BindToRenderStep(renderStepName, Enum.RenderPriority.Camera.Value + 1, function()
    frameCount = frameCount - 1
    if frameCount <= 0 then
      offsetX = -offsetX -- Invert the offsetX, to simulate shaking
      part.Orientation = Vector3.new(offsetX, 0, 0)
      frameCount = 3 -- Number of frames to skip, before inverting the orientation again
    end
  end)
end
1 Like

Thank you. Do you know how I could use lookvector to keep the egg in place to I can’t turn my camera around and see the egg from all sides