Egg Opening System With Pet Weld Constraints Not Working

I’m making a egg opening system for my game and the pet’s primary part is the only thing moving, everything else is not. When I parent the pet to the world model inside of the viewport frame the only part moving is the body and not the legs or face which are welded to the pet. I know that my welds are working because the pet is following the player correctly witch is setting the primary part just like the gui.

Here is a short clip of the problem:

Please let me know of any solutions, thanks!

Are you using an animation to move the part inside the viewport? I know that viewports and world models have very limited abilities. Try using regular welds and not weld constraints. Or try using motor6D joints. It very well just may be that the “weld constraints” or constraints in general are non-functional inside the world model object.

1 Like

No I’m not using animations just tween service. And I tried using motor6ds and it’s still not working.

1 Like

Use Motor6Ds again and then do an animation. I bet it will work. Reg welds may work too if your dead set on using tween.

1 Like

I tried with welds and it’s still not working. I can’t animate as my pets don’t have humanoids as there is no need for them.

1 Like

You don’t need humanoid to animate. Just add an animation controller to the object.

1 Like

Are world models only for being able to animate? I thought if it allowed welds, and constraints like inside the documentation for it, or maybe I’m using them wrong.

1 Like

I don’t see where it specifically says it allows welds…
WorldModel | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub
It only specifically says Raycasts and Joints/Motor6D I assume.

I have an elaborate animated viewport in my game that does all sorts of animating but all the parts are connected with Motor6D joints.

I just looked at my code. And I do actually use tweens as well. But again all the parts are connected with Motor6D joints.

External Media
1 Like

I was able to fix this by tweening the cframe instead of the orientation, thanks for your input though.

1 Like

Ok kwl, so this worked with the weld constraints after all? I guess I assumed you were doing this by the CFrame from the start haha.

1 Like

I’m not sure I will try real quick, it was working with welds so I bet it will work with the constraints. (yeah I forgot to pretty much always use cframe with models haha)

1 Like

Yes, It works with weld constraints!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.