Eggs in simulators

Quick question, what do people use to make their eggs for games? it just seems, everyone has the exact similar eggs, like pet sim, and present wrapping sim, all those, do they use a plugin or do they all have the same designer ?, (I know they don’t really, bit of a joke for those who think I generally think that they all have the same designer). I mean, I’ll model anything I need myself, but I’m generally curious.

8 Likes

Well the designs of eggs are all diffrent, so, they don’t really copy the design, they make it themselves.

3 Likes

Could you provide some pictures? But they probably took an egg from the catalog like this one:

Then re-textured it. If that’s what they did, the eggs would all have the same shape, size, and uv mapping. I did a fun little project where this is how I started each of my eggs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you model everything yourself, I recommend you make your own unique egg, relative to your game style. I would probably think those eggs are catalog egg items, or free models though.

There is many ways to make eggs, but my guess would be to take an egg model and then they would put their own texture on it. They could also just make their own in blender. Of course that’s two of many ways!

4 Likes

The best way to design your egg is to do it using a 3D editing software. A very famous one is Blender. People that make eggs use these softwares, and then import the meshes them to Roblox. There is probably an egg mesh somewhere out there that you could use as a sample for sizing, but other than that, the only way to create these eggs is by designing them in a 3D editing software and then importing the meshes into Roblox. If you are going to do that, then I recommend Blender as it is free and Roblox has great Blender mesh support.

3 Likes

They don’t have exact similar eggs. They are all usually modeled using another modeling software. Usually the style of the eggs in those games are based off of a certain theme of pets you can hatch

5 Likes

Use a cylinder and ball then I believe you union them together to make an egg, if that helps with the issue described.

3 Likes

Using the studio engine is not a good way to make eggs. Eggs have certain shapes and a cylinder and a ball will not work. 3D editing softwares are the ones that offer support for detail that is needed, which in this case is an egg. Studio unions are not the best solution as they are very inaccurate. I would highly recommend using a software like Blender to make an egg, rather than use the Roblox Studio engine for this matter.

5 Likes

Oh no, my apologies, I don’t need help modelling them, I can model them easily, was just curious on how other people got their eggs, whether they took free ones lol as they all seem to have the same idea. Thanks though guys!

3 Likes

Possible solution

If you’re talking about eggs in the catalog or from egg hunts, they either model it themselves on Blender/Studio, or just build a template where they use it from.

Also:

I’m sure creating eggs aren’t hard. Good luck.

2 Likes