Eiffel Tower Copyright Question

Hi all, I’d like to know if I can recreate the Eiffel Tower and put it in a game legally. I’d also like to know if you can add a version of the Eiffel Tower which glows at night, (as I’ve noticed that people aren’t allowed to take photos of the IRL Eiffel Tower at night because of the lighting design) like this:

Or would doing this be breaking copyright laws?

Thanks!

Read this post Copyright Question - #2 by Agent_person and check this DMCA Guidelines | Roblox Creator Documentation

4 Likes

The eiffel tower is copyrighted???

Edit: Oh, it is at night. That’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

It’s copyright at night due to it being some sort of ‘artistic work’ protected by France’s law. Weird but true

2 Likes

Just researched it, you are able to recreate the Eiffel Tower, but you may NOT recreate the lights that light up at night. These lights are protected under copyright law since France calls the lights as Artistic Work. More on the copyright info.

2 Likes

Yes, it is legal to recreate the Eiffel Tower in roblox, it has been done before multiple times. Although it is illegal to take a photo of the Eiffel tower at night in real life, I doubt the country of France would get mad for you recreating the Eiffel tower at night in roblox (Lol).

2 Likes