Electric Arcs Effect

having does electric and did making yourself electric effects, it’s doesn’t make it because is “outdated” well this include replication yourself answer make the effects show them when is module your players.

All I care about is that you retain the copyright license in the code. It’s bothersome for developers to have to credit every module they use in the experience description / etc.

I didn’t release this to get famous off of it, it’s just to help jumpstart other developers. It’s the same for all my other open source stuff.

2 Likes

I’ll be using this in a ragdoll game where player electrocutes a person and an animation plays on that person after which he ragdolls.

2 Likes

Found a small oversight that keeps non-dynamic arc PointLight from being updated properly.
The PointLight’s Range is only updated when the arc is flagged as ‘dynamic’, otherwise it remains 0.

I patched this by setting the PointLight’s Range to axis.magnitude when it’s created.

Great module, thank you for making it!

1 Like

Can you submit a pull request so I can take a look? Thanks

1 Like

Merged your pull request, thanks!

1 Like

thank you buildthomas, what a nice special effect. I have built it into an experience I am currently busy on, here is a clib

the game itsself is
escape from sector 17
thanks again

6 Likes

Help, i tried to change it so much but it have the “spin way” , i dont know how to change color
robloxapp-20211116-0919322.wmv (2.1 MB)

and when you play, you cant see it

So I was messing around with this…(Btw great module!)

robloxapp-20211222-2200360.wmv (286.6 KB)

You spin me right round baby right round…

How do I make the arc activate at a specific time?

There’s API available to enable/disable arcs.

If you need more help, please use #help-and-feedback:scripting-support . This thread is not the place to get general scripting support past the scope of the module.

Is there any way to tell when the Lightning bolt hits the target to fire a function or something?

It is instantly drawn between start/end.