Elemental Game Map Feedback

Hello!

Basically, I am creating an elemental abilities style fighting game similar to those like elemental battlegrounds and elemental awakening and so far I have created a map and some simple play button mechanics.

The game itself is in its VERY EARLY stages of development so nothing is permanent/finished.

What I would like is some feedback on things that my map can improve upon, work on, or suggestions to make it look nicer and give it a more clean feel. I’d also appreciate some feedback on what you guys think I should add to it!

All this feedback would be kindly appreciated and would also be taken greatly into consideration so don’t hold back your creativity! Thank you so much!

Here are the screenshots of what I have so far:

14 Likes

It’s kind of vague to give feedback on this since I don’t know your game mechanics, so I don’t know how these maps will look like in the actual game.

My first impression is that the style of this is a great blocky style, the cave especially is beautiful and looks like a dramatic place to fight, and I also assume that these maps are huge because the magic explosions are going to be huge or something.

I think I just want to know specifics of what you’re going for, like what kind of magic, what kind of world feel, is there a wide narrative? Is it an adventure game in an open map?

5 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

The game itself is like you said, huge, due to the attacks that are going to be pretty big, as to what the game itself is supposed to resemble is sort of like a free-roam game just with an added element of battle, there is no specific lore nor do I want there to be lore to the game, yet there are lore oriented places like the giant beam in the cave or the sand village in the desert, that I feel people would just love to roam around with element powers.

As for the abilities themselves and what they are going to be (haven’t been added in yet), they are just your standard elemental abilities, we have earth, wind, fire, water, sand, lava, energy, metal, poison, etc…

I want this game to give players the ability to explore a giant landscape while they find out what their elemental power can do. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Sounds almost like a relaxing exploration type game. In that case, I don’t really see any problems or any that I can detail, you’ll just need to continue on the game.

Are you considering exploration to be a big “reward” in a way?

1 Like

The map looks good, but it seems pretty empty and basic with just the trees and nothing else. You should also make the fog weaker since it’s very annoying how white and foggy the view is.

1 Like

Exploration is just an added bonus, the main gameplay focuses on the element powers themselves and leveling up to get more abilities and eventually trying to get the best power in the game, there’s no real reward to exploring besides finding secrets that you didn’t know were there in the first place.

1 Like

Basic is the right word here. The map isn’t supposed to be full of things, just full enough that it doesn’t look empty or like a barren landscape while fighting or just roaming around. The fog I will fix as it does bug me as well now that I actually look at it.

1 Like

The map looks good, and I like the simple blocky style.

The map is open enough for combat and the decorations look good. The fog bothers me a little though. The desert looking area needs some more decor around the empty area.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

The simple blocky style I find the best and has the most consistency when it comes to looking good in the end.

As for the desert, I completely agree. Right now the desert only has the sand village and that’s pretty much it, I do have some thoughts about sand dunes but that’s all. I was thinking of adding a destroyed/sunken statue-like object over on the other side of the village just to catch people’s eye but I haven’t given it much thought

Do you have any opinions on what I should make?

It looks awesome!
Just some parts look pretty flat
Otherwise 9/10