Elven Forest | Showcase Feedback

❯ Greetings! It would be lovely to get some nice feedback and suggestions for my up coming showcase. I’m trying to get that peaceful feeling to the atmosphere with amazing lighting. This mainly focuses on the modern “cabin” and It’ll be located within a forest. This is what I got so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

❯ If you have any plugins for me to use, feel free to let me know to make the showcase better.
❖▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❖

7 Likes

Suggestions:

I would suggest adding a path that leads to the entrance of the house. Next to that I would also add a variety of vegetation around the area to make it feel more full. Another addition that would look great if you are trying to go for that imperial/luxurious style are 2 statues standing on podiums in the corners next to the entrance.

I can only suggest 2 changes feedback-wise and those would be making the pillars at the entrance round instead of blocky (Would improve the fancy vibe), and using a seamless brick texture instead of the individual parts for the walls.

Other than that your build is looking excellent, keep up the good work. :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Ah yes, indeed. I will definitely add those suggestions, thank you so much for the feedback! I’ll post some updates soon.

1 Like

Observations
Looking good so far. It feels dark and warm around… but it appears that the cobblestone walls seems to be laggy if you made them individual parts. As previously mentioned, try using a texture.

The light models seem par… but they all somehow remind me of indoor sconces. Maybe you should redesign it into something that looks like a torch than a lamp.

Suggestions
I expect some bird bath fountains, for neat decorations. Would fit with trees which has foliages high above ground in open areas. The environment around could be made out of pine trees, but also a mixture of oak, birch and maybe alder if you decide to add some becks.

However, the building feels like a mansion due to its extreme size. If you want a more mansion-feeling, you can add some squared bushes parallel to the walls around the building.

A cellar access could be added somewhere around the back.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions! Looking forward how everything is going to turn out and yes, It’s not done still and I was definitely going to redesign the lamp. Very helpful, once again. :heartbeat:

2 Likes