Emailing Roblox Support - A Nightmare!

Hello fellow Developer Forum members.
I have taken the liberty of going to Support - Roblox and submitting a technical support ticket.

I logged into ROBLOX and decided I might want to work on my old game. It has about 17K visits, and I felt like rebuilding it.
This being a group game, I went on an account that does not directly own the game. But has studio permissions.
When I got to the page, I noticed that it said “The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.”

At this point I figured maybe, it was under review. So I created an account to see if an account without access to studio would see the “Sorry, this place is currently under review” message, although there is no reason for that to have been the case, I couldnt figure out what else it could be.

But it said the same message for the random account “The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.”

I then joined on the Group owner account for this group, and went to the game. To my shock I was still getting the “The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.” message.

I was at first able to open the game ( just a baseplate now, as I wanted to completely restart the project, but keep the same place file, due to favorites, followers, likes, visits, and gamepasses already added!)

So I contacted Roblox Customer Support.
I basically stated my problem being,

1. That I am getting this message “The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.”

2. Included the game link with this report.

3. I explained that on the group owners account this was an issue, that was preventing me from being able to play it via the Roblox Player / website play button.

To my frustration, I was treated as though It was my first day on the platform. Even after clearly stating the problem.
I was given a “Helpful Link”.

So I read the link and did what they said to do, and this did not solve my problem whatsoever.
Mind you, I also went on a friends account via downloading the mobile app to ensure it was not just an issue for my PC.
Same issue, on the app I got a No entry sign over the green play button.

Anyhow, so I replied to support and re stated my issue trying to be more clear, even though I was already as clear as anyone could be about the issue.

Every response, after that was more wrong and less helpful then before.
I eventually got frustrated, and asked for a supervisor or a REAL person.
Then I got a completely irrelevant reply. Something way off from my issue.

I will provide the replies I got from ROBLOX every time.
in order from their initial response to my ticket.

First Reply

Read the article and tried everything that was stated, no resolution.

(My Reply) & Second Support Reply

I admit here, that I was starting to get annoyed as it appeared that I was getting the run around which always tends to be the case. I am human, my game is not working. I am trying to get help and noone seems to be able to help me. ( previous to contacting support, I had searched the dev forum and searched my problem, but there were no relevant answers to fix this issue. )

My Reply

At this point I was getting more annoyed as they kept going to find me some copy and paste nonsense that was nowhere near helpful. ( I would of included the reply from them in this but it was cut off.

Roblox Support Third Reply

At this point, you can see how Support just sent me messages from the list of automated copy and paste replies. With useless information that was not at all helpful or even relevant to my issues.

After that I sent another reply, at this point I am not going to share that, as I was quite rude because of how useless and helpless to this situation I felt as a result of being given all this information that was further and further away from resolving this issue.
I am still waiting on another reply.

Note: I am no longer able to access the studio file, its giving me an error saying contact Customer Support or report on the Developer Forum.

Why am I posting this here?

I am posting this because I feel people need to be heard when it comes to the flaws and nightmare of dealing with Roblox Support for certain issues.
I have gotten no where near resolving my issue, because ROBLOX support, was giving me automated replies and not looking into the situation for me.
Roblox support needs to improve and be much more customer friendly, and efficient.

( Please tag the relevant ROBLOX Employee in the comments that would be the best to be alerted of this situation. )

I will say this, I am extremely disappointed with how ROBLOX support works. They do not help in some situations and the Developers of the platform suffer at the cause of poor user support.
This is clearly a bug that ROBLOX is not willing to fix for me, instead they want me to read all their basic links for simple problems that a New Developer might face. I have been on this platform on this account linked since 2015. I am aware of how to work my way around studio and the site, I was treated by support as if I am uneducated around development and usage of ROBLOX. And I feel that we really need to get the attention of ROBLOX because this is an unacceptable system for support on such a big platform. Especially one thats entire view is giving everyone the opportunity and ability to make games. And with the low level of actual support, this restricts developers ability to thrive. And causes frustrations.

Link of the game that is owned by my other account HaIifaxTransit under the group Halifax Transit. which is showing the message: Halifax Transit - Bus Simulator - Roblox

4 Likes