Emergency Vehicle Testing Update 9

What is Emergency Vehicle Testing?
Emergency Vehicle Testing is a game I created with a bunch of free models, most were broken. I fixed them up, added some stuff, and allowed people to use them in this game! Everything in the game is free, no gamepasses or products attached.

Right now, there are no “missions” to do in the game, but you can drive emergency vehicles, try out the lights and sirens, and maybe even roleplay if you want.

UPDATE 9
An update that started small but grew to be a full-sized update. Here’s what’s new.

• New EMS station! After over two months of on-and-off development, the full-sized custom-made EMS station is here! This is my second largest building project to date, after the fire station. Loote County EMS is located near the Beechwood Fire & Rescue Station 15, at 3413 RoSprints Avenue, with a vehicle entrance on Fire Street. The station features three apparatus bays and four individual bunk rooms. In addition, the station features a lobby, public restrooms, a community/training room, a gym, two offices, a meeting room, a laundry and decontamination room, restrooms and showers for staff, and a kitchen/dayroom. As always, furniture in the station was built by Roblox. Emergency Vehicle Testing prides itself on the largest and most realistic stations on Roblox.

• Civilian vehicles are now a random color when spawned! Car colors come in medium stone grey, institutional white, medium blue, slime green, cocoa, and black. They are no longer all grey! Additionally, the Canopy Pick-up’s canopy will also be a random color.

• Uniforms! Beechwood Fire & Rescue, Loote County Fire District #7, and Loote County EMS have received custom-made bunker gear uniforms. Helmets and SCBA gear, made by firefighter88050 and SFD_Dev respectively. Beechwood Police Department and Loote County Sheriff’s Office have gotten two shirts and pants, along with belts created by ii_AusxYz. Each gear set also includes a reflective vest, made by Xx_Shane77. Every emergency team has received custom-made uniforms. All of the uniforms will be available in the group store for sale.

• Another map expansion! The game has been expanded by about 30%, and gives Loote County Fire District #7 and the Loote County Sheriff’s Office some jurisdiction.

• Refurnished Station 1 with furniture made by Roblox! It looks much better than before.

• School district logo finally released! I made this logo myself, and I think it looks pretty good.

• Speaking of the Beechwood School District, the school district has received a van for maintenance, supplies, staff, and other school needs.

• Roleplay structure fire tones button. Clicking this button in the fire stations will play authentic fire tones from an actual structure fire. (real one was only a stove fire, but close enough.) There’s no fires in the game at this time, but who knows what the future will bring. This feature will be expanded upon in the near future. This feature was suggested by iiCamden_Laws in the community server and programmed by me. The button is located in the BFR fire chief’s office.

• After playing the game on mobile a bit, I could see why everyone was complaining about it. The original free model UI, even with my improvements, did not account for mobile and small devices. So, I made my own. I created my own UI and made it work with the existing scripts. Now, it works on every device.

• Police vehicle improvements! List of changes (most minor) below.
    – Slicktop car emergency lighting pattern changed slightly.
    – Spotlight added to all police vehicles.
    – Rear chevron visibility pattern color made slightly darker, added to some cars that were missing.
    – Liveries / unit numbers clipping through the car fixed.
    – “Police” decal on the hood of the car added to all vehicles.
    – Siren box added to the front grill of all police vehicles.
    – Full interiors added to all police vehicles, made by DerElmo.
    – Rambar texture changed to avoid any branding issues.

• Minor Changes:

By vehicle:

– Retired the non-slicktop unmarked police cars. Non-rambar and unmarked slicktop cars will stay!
– Fixed bug where you could spawn cars on the wrong team.
– Dimmed the lights on the LCEMS ambulance.
– Minor emergency lighting changes to the LCEMS ambulance and side runner lights removed.
– Added a horn to the LCEMS ambulance.
– Dimmed the lights on the LCEMS van ambulance.
– Added PowerCall siren to the LCEMS van ambulance.
– Added runner lights to the LCEMS ambulance.
– LCEMS supervisor utility body collisions fixed.
– LCEMS supervisor rear emergency lights material changed.
– Added framing to rear emergency lights.
– Removed two accidental seats in the LCEMS supervisor truck.
– Removed traffic guider controls from the LCEMS supervisor GUI; vehicle does not have it.
– Changed lightbar pattern for LCDOT SUV.
– Changed the color of three LCSO pick-ups from grey to the correct brown.
– Fixed the material of the livery of the LCSO ghost slicktop pick-up for the correct color.
– Changed color and material of LCFD7 aid ambulance and engine running lights.
– Removed PowerCall siren from the LCSO canopy pick-up truck.
– Removed manufacturer logo silhouette from the LCFD7 engine.
– Changed material of the LCFD7 engine’s headlights from metal to smooth plastic.
– Added mechanical (Federal Q) model to LCFD7 engine.
– Removed useless click detectors in the LCFD7 rescue.
– Added running lights to the LCFD7 rescue- front and rear.
– Removed two mistake seats in the BFR utility truck.
– Removed two mistake seats in the BFR pick-up truck.
– Removed top side runner emergency lights from the BFR ambulances.
– Dimmed the emergency lights on the two BFR ambulances.
– Changed the color and material of the BFR ambulance 2 headlights.
– Minor emergency light pattern changes on the BFR tender.
– Spotlights on the BFR tender now have different directions.
– BFR rescue truck grill color changed - more detail.
– Added running lights to the BFR rescue.
– Fixed livery/door parts on the BFR rescue.
– Added running lights to the BFR engine.
– Added traffic director lights to the BFR engines.
– Minor emergency light pattern changes on the BFR engines.
– Made the text on the back of the BFR engines larger.
– Added unit number to the rear of the BFR ladder.
– New lighting package for the BFR ladder.
– Added running lights to the BFR ladder.
– Added Federal Q siren model to the BFR ladder.

All vehicles / general:

Sirens stop when the driver exits the car.
Only one siren tone will play at a time, which the player can switch which one quickly.
– Organization in Roblox Studio, for developer.
– Annoying invisible parts blocking vehicle doors removed.
Reverse lights added, toggle with “R” key or mobile button.
– Front grill emergency lighting pattern changed slightly.
– Rear vehicle emergency lighting pattern changed slightly.
– Fixed livery clipping through the vehicle.
Added interiors to all emergency cars.
New siren sound effects for every vehicle! Audio credit will be given in the Game Credits post.
– Made the Switch Team GUI button slightly larger.

Known bugs: (Bugs I’m aware of but have not been able to fix yet.)
– Ladder truck has collision problems in the fire station. (temporary fix made)
– LCFD7 engine doesn’t move sometimes (can be fixed by driving backwards and then forward)

What Comes Next

• Major DOT update featuring new headquarters, vehicles, and possibly traffic cameras.

• New city transit team with custom-built bus body.

• Emergency lighting improvements.

• Mobile horn is in development, still needs some work.

• More bug fixes / improvements.

3 Likes