Emote Wheel - Custom Emotes Not Working

Hello!

I am trying to get a custom emote to work in the built in Roblox Emote Wheel and I have followed the Documentation for Emotes closely, even using the example code as it is to make sure there are no errors. I have looked for other topics on the Emote Wheel but there aren’t a lot of resources.

Whenever I select the custom emote in the Emote Wheel, I get an error that pops up in the interface that says, “You cannot use Emotes right now.”

The LocalScript, which located in StarterCharacterScripts is as follows:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local humanoid = Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid
local humanoidDescription = humanoid.HumanoidDescription

-- Set custom emotes within a table
local emoteTable = {
	["Hello"] = {3576686446},
	["Stadium"] = {3360686498},
	["Tilt"] = {3360692915},
	["Shrug"] = {3576968026},
	["Salute"] = {3360689775},
	["Point"] = {3576823880},
	["Custom1"] = {16466153570}
}
humanoidDescription:SetEmotes(emoteTable)

-- Equip emotes in a specific order
local equippedEmotes = {"Hello", "Stadium", "Tilt", "Shrug", "Salute", "Point", "Custom1"}
humanoidDescription:SetEquippedEmotes(equippedEmotes)

For context, the animation is currently set to loop, though I’ve tried it on and off loop but to no avail. The animation priority is currently set to Action, which I have also changed around but got the same result.

Other things I have tried:

• Testing with and without a modified character animation script.
  • Calling the custom emote by the name I gave it when uploaded to Roblox
  • Using different characters, currently equipped avatar on Roblox and the Blocky R15 character set to be the StarterCharacter
  • Playing the emote via Humanoid:PlayEmote("Custom1"), however I get an error in Output saying, "No emote exists with name Custom1 ".
  • Duplicating one of the existing emotes. It works, however it cannot be called via Humanoid:PlayEmote("Custom1")
  • Calling Humanoid:PlayEmote("Custom1") via a LocalScript, however it still tells me the emote does not exist.
  • Playing the emote through replacing one of the /e emote animations. It works through that method, but not through the Emote Wheel.
  • Disabling and removing all other scripts I have added to the place

The button that I have to play the emote via Humanoid:PlayEmote("Custom1") has the following Script:

local prompt = script.Parent.ProximityPrompt

prompt.Triggered:Connect(function(player)
	script.Parent["Click Sound"]:Play()
	player.Character.Humanoid:PlayEmote("Custom1")
end)

Recording of the errors:

When I press the button or when I call PlayEmote() via LocalScript:
EmoteError

If you can give me any pointers on coming up with a solution or other tests I can run, I’d appreciate it!
Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: