Emulate/Recreate graphics setting 1 quality

I’m creating a retro styled game, and when playing, i noticed that it looks much more like how i wanted it to be on a lower graphics quality than a higher one. I know you can’t really force graphics quality, but i don’t wanna have an annoying GUI popup to say to lower your graphics every time, it would be easier for me to have it look the exact same way on all graphics quality settings. So i’m wondering if there are some sort of properties i can mess with to limit the graphics regardless of setting. Any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

Go into your Lighting Properties, there is one called Technology.
Pretty sure you can select 1 of the 4 for the older style lighting without shadows.

If you want to tune it even more you can change the actual properties to brighten it, wash it out, change the contrast etc.

Yeah, I’m already using compatibility lighting for the low quality look, but what I’m trying to achieve is the less antialiasing and lower quality lighting effects that are there in quality 1 that just isn’t there in higher settings. For example:

Graphics 1

Graphics 9

looks the same to me

EDIT: now I see a little difference

I forgot to add a few images so i edited the message

Remove your Shadows (Shadows = false), that wasn’t in the original graphics.

1 Like

I completely forgot that was an option lol. It looks a lot better now, i just need to figure out the antialiasing thing, but this works for now, thanks!

Out of topic, but, the game looks good. Is it released?

I actually just started developing it today

oh ok, still seems nice and nostalgic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.