Emulator display type does not update

Reproduction Steps

Set your studio to use an emulator, and set to either Fit to Window or Actual Resolution

Expected Behavior

It to automatically update between the two types

Actual Behavior

Nothing. Stuck on Fit to Window, even though set to Actual Resolution

Workaround

Yes, need to click the emulator toggle on/off

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-07-13 00:07:00 (+08:00)

5 Likes

Thanks for the report ! We are aware of this issue and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you

3 Likes

Is there any update on a fix for this? Been almost 2 weeks and starting to get really infuriating and time consuming to have to test things

Is there any further update to this? Been almost a month for such a small bug that should have really been fixed as soon as it was reported :confused:

1 Like

Been a month now and this still hasn’t been fixed :confused: can an update please be mentioned as to why it’s at least taking so long?

Whenever I set it to actual resolution or physical size it goes full screen for some reason but I just wanna be able to zoom in on my UI

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this, a fix for this issue was just rolled out and should take effect the next time you start Studio.

Switching between Actual Resolution and Fit To Window should work as expected. There is a known issue with switching between Actual Resolution and Physical Size after switching to a new experience, a fix for that will be coming in the next few weeks as we complete testing and can get that change released.

This issue was an unintended side effect of a larger refactor that was taking place, and we weren’t able to address this specific issue until that refactor was complete.

4 Likes