Enable previous action input after disabling controllers

I have seen methods to disable and enable action inputs. E.g How to temporarily disable all character input? or ControlModule:Enable()/ControlModule:Disable(). Both method works perfectly fine. The only issue is that after re-enabling the controls, the previous input does not become active. Let me elaborate further:

Let’s say you hold down “w” to move. Some kind of transition happens where your controllers are disabled. What is expected is that the controller will be enabled and recognize that “w” is being held down which makes the character keep moving in the direction.

This is more relevant in a melee combat where you loose control “stagger” for a moment, but as soon as you have control back, you want the character to move accordingly to the key that was pressed down instead of spamming the movement keys during the “non control” period hoping that the action will happen as quick as possible after the “stagger moment” is over.

My question is as following; Is there a way to enable controllers that can detect “holding keys” which eliminates the need of having to click the same movement command again after controls are enabled?