Enabling team create resets some instance properties

Reproduction Steps

Currently, as of v0.554.0.5540504 / 12/6/22, enabling team create resets some properties in various instances in the datamodel.

To reproduce:

1. Open an empty local baseplate.
  2. Set Players.UseStrafingAnimations to true
  3. Publish the baseplate to a place that has team create disabled.
  4. Observe that Players.UseStrafingAnimations is still true.
  5. Turn on team create through the team create widget. Observe that Players.UseStrafingAnimations is false now when it shouldn’t be.
  6. Turn off team create through the team create widget. Observe that Players.UseStrafingAnimations is true again, like it should be.

Expected Behavior

It is expected that turning on team create would not manipulate the datamodel in any way, especially not randomly changing property values on objects present in it.

Actual Behavior

Turning on team create manipulates the datamodel and arbitrarily changes properties on objects present in it, namely Players.UseStrafingAnimations.

Workaround

Not using team create

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-12-06 00:12:00 (-05:00)

6 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the report! We are looking into this.

2 Likes

Im not that smart but it could be that other users have this beta feature off which casues it to be forced off. I could be wrong

Pretty sure this happens with properties that are tagged NotReplicated, like Players.UseStrafingAnimations is.

Players.UseStrafingAnimations in your case is still true on the RCC server that the team create is hosted on, but will not replicate this value to the connected clients (the people editing the game), just like a game server.

1 Like

Strafing is a live feature, it’s not a beta anymore. No one else is in the TC server either.

1 Like

Weird. Either way, I’m getting the same issue thay you are getting so it proves my point wrong.

1 Like

Can confirm this is fixed! Thanks again for the report.

2 Likes