Enact a Zero-Tolerance policy for Troll Posts

That doesn’t mean ban hammer everyone. This isn’t a professional forum, it will never be. The people that make troll posts are just inexperienced, they will learn through experience (warning / suspension) trolling isn’t okay and going forward they’d know not to do it again. That doesn’t mean you ban them at the first violation.

1 Like

Sorry, but people who make troll posts do not deserve the privilege of being on this forum. These users know what they are doing, (you don’t accidentally make a troll topic). It should be unacceptable.

1 Like

That is your opinion, and clearly ROBLOX would disagree with you as this is how the system was set up. I believe it’s a three strike system, which allows you to make some mistakes but not too many. It’s good as is. What your suggesting would discourage users from the platform with such a harsh policy.

My final reply to this argument:

I’ve already stated this is for blatant troll posts, not any other rule violation. People who make topics such as the among us topic know what they are doing, I do not understand why they deserve a second chance.

That’s good. Trolling should not be tolerated in any way shape or form. Simple as that.

1 Like

People make mistakes, this is a platform for new developers, it’s going to happen. Doesn’t mean you have to be harsh and ban them instantly for it.

I’m sorry, but in my mind making a troll post such as the among us post, the sandwich post, or the attractions post is not an accident. It’s not a mistake. It’s a person degrading the forums quality by making troll posts to be “funny”.

1 Like

You have to understand, no one reads the rules (at least the people that do this). So they won’t know there’s a no tolerance policy. They make the post, they get banned, they never use ROBLOX again. It’s just too harsh and bad policy. New developers will make these mistakes. They learn when their suspended or warned. Getting banned won’t teach them anything other then that there’s a really harsh rule in place.

If they don’t read the rules, I can’t feel bad for them. The new user tutorial recommends you to read the rules. If a user ignores it? Their fault. Imagine Roblox not banning users who bypass with racial slurs because that user didn’t read the rules. Doesn’t matter. Always read the rules.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. These users come right back and make posts like this, sometimes on an alt.

They could always appeal? For trolling, I suggest banning first in case they are truly a troll, and if they appeal that they didn’t know the rules, let DET decide this. Sorry, but I cannot feel sympathy for users who do not read the rules and then break a major rule.

1 Like

It was a professional forum before it opened to the public. That’s how it was originally intended. It focused more on people smarter than I or more famous than I, and it was a unique place for professional developers to interact with each other and roblox staff. We needed a public forum and I think that needs to have been separate like we used to have rather than just making this one public, but I’m not in charge. My point is, it definitely lost a lot of quality and was intended to be a professional forum. Not a chat room for players to discuss what they think of front page games.

3 Likes

Would you call the topic where the guy spent multiple weeks designing a realistic roblox face a waste of space?

I don’t believe that was intended as a joke, it just turned out to be hilarious.

Could be wrong however.

It was definitely meant to be a joke.

That’s when a more severe punishment would be appropriate. Not at the first instance.

I see people complaining all the time about moderation errors. Do you think this rule would be a good idea considering the risk of a false ban on someone with otherwise no moderation history?

Sure, it is still now a more “professional” forum but the answer isn’t an instant ban hammer. I can see other measures being more reasonable, like maybe a requirement to read the rules and take a small exam, but not a instant ban.

1 Like

A time out isn’t going to stop any trollers. They are already ignoring their feedback messages, coming back after temporary suspensions, and continuing their nonsense.

1 Like

If their only intent is to troll, with time they will be removed from the platform. But 95% do not make a account and go through the effort to become a member just to troll and be banned. Most making “troll” posts aren’t as aware of the Forum rules or misjudge the relevance of their thread, but that doesn’t mean they should be banned for it at the first offence.

And how long will that be? Because if your a smart troll you can avoid moderation for quite some time.

So by that logic, I could say that a shoplifter didn’t know the laws, or didn’t know that what they did would be found out, thus they don’t deserve any punishment except a slap on the face. Does that make sense?

1 Like

I can’t say as it depends on the post and will vary from incident to incident. But let’s say you make a troll post, get suspended a few days, come back, and break the rule again. Depending on how severe the second one is it can be a instant ban or another suspension.

You can’t compare breaking the obscure rule of a internet video game platform to breaking the law. XD I’m assuming most of these troll posts are in Development Discussion, if that’s the case the rules of the category is a bit vague. All it says is “development related” topics so that can be interpreted in so many ways, you don’t really know sometimes till you post it and get flagged.

But let’s say we go with your example of breaking the law. If someone shoplifts, depending on the law it could be a month in jail (let’s make this up I don’t want to look this all up). Your not going to get life in prison for shoplifting. That’s basically what’s being suggested in this thread.

Your logic does not make sense. If you commit murder even for the first time, chances are you are going to prison for life. Sorry, but trolling will never and should never be tolerated on the devforum.

6 Likes

What I’m saying is the punishment has to fit the crime. A permanent ban is not appropriate for a first time troller. ROBLOX acknowledges this which is why this is not the immediate punishment for a first time offense.