Endless reCapatcha Loop on login

First off, the reCaptcha takes around 1 minute to complete which is terrible for creating a frictionless experience for a new user. The real issue is I was forced to select tiles from images indefinitely while receiving a “Could not verify, try again” message. This happens on chrome and edge browsers.

Note: I was attempting to log into my alternate account in an incognito tab.

3 Likes

Is it reCaptcha or a a standard image Captcha?

reCaptcha

I believe this may be an issue on your end as I don’t currently have an issue with this after testing three times!

You had to complete reCaptcha when you logged in, correct? Did the reCaptcha involve selecting images that matched a certain word?

Yes, I had to select all the images till there were no longer any cars.

Do you mean you went through the captcha 5 times by clicking the Next button?

I went through about 7-10 images five times. At the end of each bunch, I would receive the “Please try again” message.

The reCaptchas that involve selecting all the tiles until they disappear nevers end either. Tiles keep reappearing indefinitely.

Try refreshing the reCaptcha until you get the one that asks you select all street signs. If that doesn’t work, you can work around the reCaptcha by signing into your Google account.

None of the captchas work for me, even the street sign ones. I’m also in incognito mode logging into my alternate account so that’s why I’m not signed into google. I’ll try signing into google.

I signed into google. No luck with the reCaptcha.

Try Internet Explorer (open it by pressing the Windows Key and typing ‘iexplore’

Ok, this is definitely a problem on your end. Can you show your console (found in the Inspect Element pane)? There might be something blocking the reCaptcha from sending out requests.

1 Like

Well I figured it out, I had my VPN running in the background. Problem solved. Hopefully this issue only impacts users using VPNs.

2 Likes

Odd. I’ve run VPNs before, and reCaptcha normally just throws an image grid at me to make sure I’m real and I go along with my day. Never had a reCaptcha fail on me.

What VPN do you use?

Private Internet Access

I’ve had this with PIA too

Sounds like something you should take up with their support or forums. Does it happen on other sites that use reCaptcha?

I just checked their support directory and they haven’t addressed it.

Interesting, I use PIA myself and have never run into this issue.