Engraving japanese words into Katana

Hello everyone, so I made this katana in about 40 minutes, and I wanted to add the words:
“破壊する”. Now I tried to use Text and then converting it to mesh but text doesn’t take any language but English for some reason? So I don’t know what to do.

Edit:

Thank you guys

2 Likes

Maybe try to use software make a texture and on that texture put those words.

I’ll give that a shot

I know a software that can do this. Tinker Cad is another 3d modeling software. It’s a bit more basic than blender, but there is a text generator that works for Japanese. or Chinese? Idk

1. Sign up in Tinker Cad

2. Create a new project

3. Locate the 3D Text generator on the right of the screen (you may have to do some searching)

4. Insert it, it should be easy to locate the popup to edit the text

5. When your done, you can download the model and paste it into your project.

1 Like

Blender’s font likely doesn’t have any Japanese characters installed, i would suggest changing the font with one that includes said characters.

5 Likes

It seemed to work, but how do I prevent a texture from repeating?

I can’t answer that one, I am not specializing in making textures and modeling. Sorry :confused:

That’s fine, thanks anyway.

[Blender] Change the font to something that has japanese text.

What I used here is this. It’s an Abode Font so you can use it for personal or commercial projects. You can look up and download other Japanese fonts by awesome artists but they usually only include about 60 kanji + all kana characters unless you pay for more. Hope this helps.

Where do I go once I click on the link?
Edit: I downloaded the text but what do I do after? How do I use it?
Edit 2: Nevermind, I got it.

1 Like