• This is on 60x speed
  • Surrounding builds are incomplete

Thoughts?

Edit #1:

Edit #2:

11 Likes

i dont really see the difference

3 Likes

Most Day/Night cycles only change the ClockTime. While only having a few small tweaks, mine has:

• Orange sky for sunrise/sunset
  • Moonlight casting shadows
  • 15 hour day & 9 hour night
  • Adaptive Windows
  • Color Atmosphere changes
  • Thinning clouds @ night

Again, these are all very subtle, so I could see where it looks normal.

3 Likes

nice, id give a 8-9/10, but you might need more people to give their opinions

2 Likes

I don’t like how the sky changed from blue one second ago to immedietly an orange shade. It should be more smoother. I also think that the moon light is very intense and should be toned down a lot.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I tried to make the nighttime part a bit darker, however it just leads to lower overall visibility. As this will be an open-world game, I think visibility would be important.

As for the blue to orange sky, I want to make it smooth but I don’t know how. I’m using 3 different skyboxes, blue, orange, and black, but I don’t know how to smoothly fade in between them.

1 Like

The thought is nice but the execution can be improved, maybe add an animation from blue to orange-yellow… and the sky is almost brown which is not that realistic.

When sunset and sunrise, the environment looks orange-yellow too. Nights have a dark faint indigo tint.

This is nice though!

3 Likes

I’m using different skyboxes, and I can’t find a way to smoothly fade skyboxes. Any additional resources/info would be super helpful!

1 Like

Made a few changes:

2 Likes
example

You need preloaded sky frames (from blue to orange) that change linearly.
Or use the atmosphere.

2 Likes

Instead of changing the skybox use the default one and you can use Atmosphere’s Color, Decay, Glare, and Haze properties.

This is a common oversight technically, the sky wouldn’t be fully orange only the horizon near the sun would.

irl:

roblox studio:

2 Likes

actually atmosphere is a nice environmental object, it helped me create this scene

with tweening, you can smoothly transition time to time, day to night…

1 Like

Go look for dynamic sky modules and see how they do it.

1 Like

More changes!

• Removed orange skybox, replaced with Atmosphere
  • Smoother transitions

While it may look a bit rough, note that it’s still at 60x speed, so at normal speed, it should look good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks pretty good, maybe have the window lights turn on at random times?

1 Like