Enhancing UI with Selective Corner Rounding

Hello,

I’m excited to share with you a feature request that I believe could greatly enhance our UI design capabilities in Roblox Studio. As many of you are aware, we currently have the UICorner feature, which is fantastic for adding rounded corners to our UI frames. However, it has its limitations, and I think there’s room for improvement.

Feature Request: Selective Corner Rounding with UICorner

Right now, when we use UICorner, it rounds all four corners of a frame equally. This is great for many designs, but sometimes, we need more control. For example, what if you only want to round the top two corners? Or just one corner? Currently, our only options are to use external tools like Photoshop or to create multiple frames and overlay them, which can be cumbersome and inefficient.

Here’s My Proposal:

Let’s enhance the UICorner feature to allow us to specify which corners we want to round. Imagine having properties like TopCorners, BottomCorners, LeftCorners, RightCorners, and an option for IndividualCorners. This way, we could choose to round any combination of corners, right within Roblox Studio, without needing any external tools or workarounds.

Why This Matters:

• Design Freedom: This update would open up new design possibilities, allowing us to create more diverse and engaging UI elements.
  • Simplicity and Efficiency: It would streamline our workflow, making UI design simpler and more intuitive within the platform.
  • Improved Aesthetics: More control over UI elements means we can create even more visually appealing games and experiences.

I believe this enhancement would be a step forward for UI design in Roblox Studio. It addresses a current limitation and provides us with the tools we need to bring our creative visions to life more effectively.

CrazySnoopylove

16 Likes

Yeah I think every developer and dev team would benefit from this, including myself. Cant think of any examples at the moment.

It’s pretty tedious to create images and then import them and all that, especially when you need a bunch of them

3 Likes

Yes, please. I was looking at a different thread for the same thing and it was brought up the issue of backwards compatibility between the old UICorner and a new version with individual corners, so I have an idea for that:

It seems like Roblox is on a trend of adding in CSS/HTML-like properties, so why not add a new UI modifier called, like, UIBorder?
This could control things like individual border radiuses i.e. UIBorder.RadiusTopLeft = UDim.new(scale, offset), as well as another thing that should be a basic feature: per-side strokes. This could be done through one Instance without harming the old way of doing it and eventually the old UICorner and UIStroke instaces could be deprecated.

2 Likes