Entire tool disappears for no reason

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make a gun that simply won’t disappear for no apparent reason

2. What is the issue?
    I’m animating the gun itself as well as the character so I have to destroy the RightGrip weld in the character and add a Motor6D for the handle of the part. If I equip the gun, it disappears after a few seconds. I’ve tried selecting all parts in the object but it doesn’t seem like anything is falling.
    It seems to be happening randomly but it happens most of the time.
    robloxapp-20210312-0627561.wmv (239.7 KB)

bruh why wont it embed so annoying

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    For some reason turning CanCollide on in a part other than the handle that’s welded to the handle solves the issue, but it ruins the tool if it can collide with parts.

Please help this is actually driving me crazy

1 Like

Update: It seems to stop happening if I manually reset then equip the tool again, but it doesn’t happen this way all the time. I honestly have no clue what kind of bug can have behaviour like this.

I’ve found the solution! Turns out the motor6D was created only on the client and not replicated to the server, so on the server the gun fell through the ground causing it to be deleted across the game. I fixed this with a remoteEvent.

7 Likes

Hello DaDude!

I think I got the same issue as yours. Can you tell me more details about how your fix your tools? What should I do with motor6D?

Thx!

Well this was a pretty specific issue that’s mainly my fault, but you could be having the same problem as me.

Are you destroying the RightGrip weld anywhere whenever you select your tool?

Does the tool stay normally at the players arm for a few seconds then just randomly disappear?

I didn’t destroy the RightGrip weld, but I noticed that every time the tool disappeared because my right hand didn’t load at the beginning.