Entirely Black Terrain

Some users have been reporting entirely black terrain, no matter the material. The reports began when I started utilizing Player.ReplicationTarget as well as workspace.StreamingPauseMode a few days ago.

I use StreamingPauseMode on ClientPhysicsPause, with the UI popup disabled. As for ReplicationTarget, it is set whenever the character dies (large map 99% made out of terrain, this helps players from falling thru terrain before it’s streamed in)

I myself am not able to replicate it, so I have no re-pro to offer unfortunately.

Here’s an image from a user experiencing it 100% of the time in my game (seemingly only my game):

This user cannot tell me any computer specs further than Windows 10, however I have had multiple reports of this issue, so I’m posting this report assuming it’s not just GPU related.

7 Likes

A feature was enabled in the afternoon of Nov 13 and disabled morning of Nov 14 that was causing some bugs in a few streaming games. Can you send the place id of the game that is affected? Also, please let us know if the reports look better after the morning of Nov 14.

Sorry, meant to hyperlink the game above;

I’ll check with the users who reported it, however the image above was taken/reported today at ~4:20PM MST.

edit: went back in my bug reports and the first report of this was received October 24th, and they included this image: which actually shows the water as normal:

Oct 24

Oct 27

This is confirmed to still be happening at this time.

Can you possibly ask the users what platform they were playing on when this happened (e.g. mac/windows/xbox/ios/android/windows app store)?

Hi @Fm_Trick, @bizbot19, we’re unsure what might be causing that rendering issue, but perhaps knowing the gpu would help us reproduce and fix the bug. Would you be able to ask your users what graphics cards they are using? Thanks!

1 Like

Reporting users have Nvidia gpus with one reporter specifying that they are using a GTX 1060.

I also have a user reporting the issue on Windows 10 w/ a GTX 1060

Great, thanks. Could they also check if they have the latest nvidia graphics drivers installed? We’ll continue to look into the issue and try to repro with that card.

2 Likes

I will try however it’s not always very easy or possible to get that kind of information out of these users. I’ll update if I can get more info.

I had the user with the GTX 1060 confirm their nvidia drivers are all up to date and they are still experiencing the issue.

Reinstalling roblox should fix this. I have had reports about this on my discord server and it was solved after i told them to reinstall roblox.

1 Like

I had this issue and it’s not related to Nvidia GPUs. Reinstalling Studio fixed the bug.

2 Likes

I had this occur, im on a MacBook Air. and yes reinstalling studio fixed bug.

1 Like