Epic Cars - Feedback and Suggestions

Hello,

Recently we released an early access of the Epic Cars.

This game is basically minigames with the cars. Now this game has:

• different 4 minigames
  • 5 maps for minigames
  • Workshop where you can personalize your car or just buy new one
  • Leaderboards
  • Settings
  • Contact Us for sending messages to developers directly from the game

We already adjusted/improved the game by our small community suggestions, fixed a lot of bugs and made a few updates. Currently we are working on our biggest update after we made the game public and I will post here as well as in the Discord server what we are adding so everyone could see this game development progress and comment on each update which is really important for us.

The game is fully functional and can be tested already, just an early game problem - you can’t play the game alone, you are forced to invite a friend. The game is a really big project (For two developers), but we are far away from the actual vision that I personally imagine. Anyways maybe my imagination is far away from what players would like so we are aiming for more opinions about the game, and suggestions how to make this game better!

:point_right: Check: Epic Cars on Roblox :point_left:

Leave feedback anywhere you want, we will see it!

3 Likes

Pretty big update was published today:

• New car with special ability.
  • Daily Rewards.
  • Spin.
  • Improved Missiles minigame.

I believe this update will help a lot in the future with comeback players :blush:

2 Likes

I checked out the game, and I love it. Sadly I couldn’t get in the minigame as it requires more players. At the beginning, there is an intro but it doesn’t get bigger on full screen and it is cut on the left and the right side as it gets bigger would recommend making it a full screen. Overall nice work on the car, UI, and the garage building. This game will have a potential.

1 Like

This game looks great! Nice job on it!

1 Like

This message is really demeaning. Change it, and consider making a way to play alone.

3 Likes

Excited to see how this project will turn out in the future and I’ve been asking for a way to play solo since I first tried it. Even aimless riding around the map could work, since new players, who have no idea about the actual gameplay, will not be inspired to wait long by a text popup.

3 Likes

I strongly second this, the forever alone joke might the funny as banter among friends, but it’s a real putoff in a game. Specially because it’s not the user fault that the server is empty, as the game failed to get more players in.
Two options to workaround this

1. Code some bots for the minigames (this takes some work but it’s a great idea for upcoming games that might not always have multiple players) and present the option, play with bots / invite friends.
  2. Allow the user to play alone as a sort of “Practice Mode” so you present the user with “Practice / Invite”
1 Like

Now you can play Checkpoint Racing in singleplayer. Not the best option but it’s better than nothing :slight_smile:

In the future the game will have more minigames, hopefully some of them could be played in singleplayer as well.

2 Likes

That’s a great addition, i will check it out today!

1 Like

Feedback: The car models don’t mix with the map well. The car has realistic graphics while the terrain is blocky.

2 Likes

You should make your own car models instead of using free models.

3 Likes

Some day they will be replaced, but today we have only 2 cars made by us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We published small update today:

• Added new map for Runners n Hunters minigame
  • Added Codes

Codes:

• 10Kcoins - gives 10,000 Coins
  • 5spins - gives 5 Spins

Pretty big update:

New cars handling system:

• Better driving physics
  • Wheels sliding noises
  • Collision noises
  • New car ui
  • Better controls for mobile devices
  • New camera
  • New nitro system

Improved Checkpoint racing:

• Reduced lag
  • Register checkpoint touch sooner
  • Checkpoint sound

New Car:

• Our first car request by our community - Mauri Z40

1 Like

I’m adding playtime rewards! The game probably will have higher average playtime with this feature.
And here I have a question. How do you balance these rewards? How to keep players interested in them and still not too easy to obtain high amounts of the game coins?

You can rejoin and get playtime rewards again, so I did a simple calculation:

• For realistic afk time just picked 1/4 of the day time (I have no idea how much time players could spend for afk farming).
  • Last reward was ignored because it’s based on luck.
  • To compare, the current most expensive car costs 200K coins and the cheapest 10K coins.
  • Players will not be interested in rewards (rewards are too small, you shouldn’t focus on AFK players).:chart_with_downwards_trend:
  • Rewards look good to me! :ok_hand:
  • Rewards are too big, high amounts of coins will be obtained too easily. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

0 voters

Let me know how I should change amounts or the system.

We started replacing free model cars, we already replaced benginer car because that’s the first car that a new player would see and also the most expensive car. I thought it would be a great opportunity to make a noob/pro classic ad inspired icon :sweat_smile:

Not the greatest of my art work, but overspending time on images seems not worth it. I guess nobody could tell what a good icon should look like. One great dev told some of professional artwork not performing as well as screen shot ones.

We also added playtime rewards and daily tasks which should help with Roblox algo. And previously we added a new desert map and new minigame “King Of The Cars” which became the most action-packed minigame, because the whole game time you are trying to steal or save the crown.

Yesterday we released another update:

• New Singleplayer/Multiplayer minigame - Colored Tiles.
  • New map for new minigame.
  • Entirely remade one of the free model cars.

I believe it’s pretty boring to read these update posts, so after the next update (at weekend) we will start testing icons (sponsoring for small amounts of robux) and I’ll post some statistics.

Last weekend released another update:

• New car (Instead of free model car)
  • New map
  • Animated Ui
  • Interactive Tail Lights
  • Improved Shop Ui

Also as I mentioned earlier I started to test icons. First test was a huge failure. I spent way too much to test one icon and it didn’t even perform well.

(all ages, all genders, all regions, pc, mobile, tablet)

Currently working on “in air” physics, After the next update there should be a pretty much impossible flip over. It feels way better to land on wheels after every jump :slight_smile:

1 Like

As always we have an update:

• New car Volt Blaze Y (Instead of Atstumo Jutiklis S10)
  • New electric vehicle SFX and VFX
  • Better jumping/flying physics
  • New drifting VFX (can be disabled in settings)

This is performance of so far the best icon we tested:

I have no idea why CPP is “–” I can only guess it could be <0.005 and rounded to 0.
Anyways I will keep testing icons for this week as well and next week I’ll sponsor for higher amounts. Wish me luck :sweat_smile: