I recently messed around with doing a fresh re-install of studio (deleting all register keys and appdata associated).
Everything was fine, then I turned off my computer (windows 10). When I turned it back on to start studio, an update was auto-triggered and I’ve been getting this error ever since. I’ve tried uninstalling my current roblox, but the error still shows up on installation.
- I do not have any antivirus software
- I’ve got write permissions to my appdata, as it’s already properly written to most of the files.
- I’ve tried installing as admin, and it doesn’t do anything.
- I have enough free disk space on my drive in which I’m installing it on (at least 40gb).
- I’ve tried re-installing several times.
- I’ve restarted my Windows entirely and then tried installing.
- I’ve tried installing with a VPN (people have sworn to me this might work), this also does nothing
- Copying the entire install contents from someone else yields the same issue
- Launching RobloxStudioBeta.exe directly says the file is corrupt
- I’ve tried clearing all registry keys relating to roblox and then re-installing. This will cause roblox to work on initial install, but then triggers and update and then I get the same crash.
- I’ve tried deleting the Roblox folder in the temp folder of %localappdata%
- I’ve tried using an alt account
- I’ve tried using an alt account in conjunction with a VPN after deleting my entire cache and registry keys and I still get the crash
I literally have no idea what to do, online searches yield nothing so far.
Edit: Looks like Studio Mod Manager works for now. Not an official solution, but at least I can work now. I believe it’s related to the fact that I’m enrolled in a test version of studio that this is being caused.
Roblox to properly install on my computer
Roblox crashes towards the end of the installation
Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-23 00:11:00 (-05:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report