Error 500 while trying to upload PRB textures to studio

Hiya,

Recently I’ve been playing around with PRB textures and been trying to upload them to roblox. Everytime I tried uploading them they gave me the following error ‘Error uploading asset, responseCode 500’

I’ve tried uploading 1K & 4K textures JPEG & PNG and both have given me the same error. I also asked my friend about the error, they said they don’t recognize it but are getting it as well for the first time.

Is anyone having similar issues?

3 Likes

I have the same issue, no fix found yet.

For how long do you have this issue? You probably have to wait since error 500 is a code for internal server. You could try to use a different materialtype.

Have you tried restarting Roblox studio as well?

I also have the same issue, uploading 2K jpegs

Happens to me too, for 1024x texture, tried restarting wifi router, roblox studio and even the team create server, nothing helped, it’s been over two days now and I’m kind of locked out of working further as the textures are important.

I also have been encountering this issue. It has been over a week now. No matter what I do, I cannot find a way put a PRB texture in my roblox studio.

It’s been confirmed that this is a current ROBLOX issue! However I managed to upload the PBR textures through uploading it as decals! The only disadvantage is the amount of MB u can upload for a decal. (Current is 20MB per decal!)

1 Like

I have this issue too…I also asked the assistant, but got no answer :frowning: . It’s weird because, it worked several weeks ago, I tried to put a pbr texture which had already worked before, but this time its not working

I realized that too, couple months ago i was getting this error too, but much rarer. Today, its almost impossible or impossible to just import a texture throught Material Manager lol

1 Like

This goes into #bug-reports:studio-bugs, Not #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.