Error 610 when trying to join game

The “Retry” button does work but the problem is that it will join a randomised server instead of the server that you desired to join. This makes it quite difficult to join friends and join private servers.

2 Likes

I’ve sometimes had an issue of where it starts a completely new server instead of putting me in one that is already active.

Been getting this issue for a week, really annoying, Can’t even join a server after 1-3 retries. Error

2 Likes

well, the retry button is working but only for a normal server. I need it works on private servers cuz I literally can’t play any private server.

1 Like

Yeah, and does it seem to take forever when you hit the retry button?
For me that error forces me to close the game, and then try to re enter it, since hitting the retry button doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

yea, that’s what I meant. I hate this error sooo much

Can confirm this is still a problem, and reloading the page does not seem to do anything. I am not a mac user, and this occurs when trying to join a private server or a public one.

2 Likes

I have been getting the same issue since yesterday.

This is happening when trying to join any game and in roblox studio.

annoying issue in studio

Been getting this a lot recently. Three days ago, started getting terrible pings, and some games are impossible to join unless i try like a bunch of times. I thought it was my internet at first, but mobile data shows no change either. Lots of weird effects in studio too. Mobile takes around 2 minutes to load and will randomly log me out. Same thing happening on studio, authentication failed. This seems to be happening more frequently for users outside the US, must be on ROBLOX’s end.
imagen
imagen imagen
imagen

2 Likes

I had this issue persistently throughout most of the day today, and IIRC it also prevented me from publishing in Studio. I could only get around it by switching on my VPN (same region - Canada).

1 Like

I’ve been getting this since the beginning of 2021 and it gets annoying. The only way I could connect to a game is to click the play button again, this gets repetitive and annoying. I’ve even played other games (Among us, fall guys, etc) and they still work fine, also studio doesn’t show the join error. (Region- Caribbean)Update:

This shows up instead of the regular 610 error.

The retry button works for me, although it does send me to a different server than the one I selected. Are you using Windows or Mac?

I get this too. I’m running roblox on a MacBook Air Early 2020, Intel Core i5 with 16 GB DDR4 Ram, MacOS Big Sur 11.1

Clicking retry works fine and lets me into the server. These errors happen when trying to join public and private servers. In private servers what work for me is regenerating the private server link, but that isn’t ideal when playing with friends.

This started happening around the second week of January

Continuing what I said, this hasn’t affected me on studio. I do use a VPN, but not to play roblox games (sometimes I forget to turn it off) but other than that nothing weird has happened before I started getting error 610.

What I have found to help with this is asking my friends to join before me, so roblox will follow them automatically. Although this doesn’t always work, It gets me past error 610 sometimes.

Non-Mac user here. Clicking retry sometimes works for me, but sometimes retry doesn’t even launch a new game and I’m stuck on the same page. I do not have a VPN, so it’s painful especially when I want to play in a private server. This occurs in every game I try to join. Restarted my PC, uninstalled roblox, logged out etc… didn’t work.

This is very annoying for me as a Mac user. Whenever I try to join a game, I get a “HTTP 400: Bad Request” error. The Retry button works, but it puts me in a random server, rather than the server I chose. This does not happen on place-to-place teleports, only when the client starts.

This means I cannot join private servers or friends until this is fixed.

2 Likes

I can confirm this is happening to me too. It also feels like the entire website is falling apart lmao

takes like 30 seconds to load a page, then shows this

1 Like

Using a mac, version 10.15.7
I dont think the version is an issue but just the way the code was written.

Yeah I’m getting the same error and I cant even access anything on the page nor join games.

1 Like

I’m also getting this error, and studio wont open for me anymore.