Error 769 keeps appearing whenever I test my game

Hello Developers.

Now I don’t know which category should I place it because of the issue although I guess I can safely say that the issue I am facing isn’t a bug since I managed to find a DevForum fixing this issue I also have but I don’t seem to be satisfied with it since it didn’t exactly teach me how to fix this issue.

Anyway, the issue I am facing is an Error 769 which appears whenever I test my game and surprisingly, I’ve actually had this issue for like the past 2 or 3 years since I couldn’t find an fix. Anyway, here is a video demonstrating the issue:

Anyway, if you are wondering, no. I don’t have “Allow Third Party Teleports” enabled and I definitely didn’t use any free models. I was however planning on teleporting the player to a modified version of the game where they can fight each other although I didn’t made a script for it yet since my game is still starting to grow.

4 Likes

Um…?
I think you didn’t read it correctly but my game doesn’t have any sort of teleporting script right now yet it keeps telling me that teleporting fails.

2 Likes

Have you taken a look through everything using control-P? If you open your game and press ctrl-P and choose ‘script only’ from the little pull down menu at the upper right it will give you a list of every script in your game - even ones you may not realize are in there.

I’ve caught many a script in older stuff hiding behind a snap, weld, rotateP and so on that aren’t apparent at first glance.

It might not pull up anything, but on the other hand - it might. Couldn’t hurt to try if you haven’t already.

He said 2-3 years this bug has been going on. I don’t think I would work on a game consistently for even 1 month.

Yeah, you’re right, I’ve been switching games constantly left to right. The error first appeared when play testing an old “World of Trollge” fangame I’ve archived long ago.

1 Like

In the case this is following you everywhere, it could very well be a plugin. Disable all plugins, open a baseplate, and see if the error occurs.

I’ll try it later, but thank you.

2 Likes

UPDATE:
Okay, sorry if that taken way too bleepin’ long but yeah, your right, a plugin has been following me causing this issue as when I disabled all of my plugins it apparently stopped the error from appearing.

1 Like

I forgot I had even commented, but I remember I had a plugin that injected script sinto my game

Oh, okay then! Tell me more if you want.

it was a light editor plugin that i thought was completely harmless

A quick fix that might or not work is,
copying the entire map and scripts and replacing them in another experience, maybe the game file inside your computer that is connected within roblox is corrupted, or im just saying something that doesn’t make sense.

No it was def a plugin I have enable that was causing the issue.