Error - Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider service

Basically, I’m creating the animation locally by using table values and then using it to play on a ViewportFrame’s dummy locally. However, although this worked before, it now shows this:

for category,value in pairs(Animations) do
		if category == Subcategory then
			for name,ID in pairs(value) do
				local AnimID = string.gsub(ID["ID"], "%D", "")
				local button = ReplicatedStorage.Extras.AnimButton:Clone()
				button.Name = ID["Name"]
				local PreviewAnim = Instance.new("Animation")
				PreviewAnim.Name = ID["Name"]
				PreviewAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://"..AnimID
				PreviewAnim.Parent = button
				local Track = button.ViewportFrame.WorldModel.Dummy:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):LoadAnimation(PreviewAnim)
				button.Parent = script.Parent.ItemLayout
			end
		end
	end

The line that causes the error is:

button.ViewportFrame.WorldModel.Dummy:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):LoadAnimation(PreviewAnim)

However, when disabling that line, code works normal. What’s wrong with it?

28 Likes

A couple of reports on this, could be an engine bug, I noticed a few reports on Reddit as well.

11 Likes

This started happening to me to suddenly, I dont know if its Roblox’s fault or really the code. Maybe by tomorrow when the Outage is fully over start messing with it again? If not then keep trying

9 Likes

I literally just ran into this issue now. I’m running animations locally also but through a modulescript. I don’t know what’s going on.

10 Likes

broken for me as well :/‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

8 Likes

Broken for me too. Can’t play any animations on my viewmodel.
Using an AnimationController and an Animator object to load.
Code stopped working with no edits last night.

function viewmodel:LoadAnimations()
	local anims_folder = self.model.Animations
		local idle = anims_folder.Idle

local animator = self.model.AnimationController.Animator

local idle_track = animator:LoadAnimation(idle)

return {
		["idle"] = idle_track
	}
end

6 Likes

Okay, I’ve fixed my issue, I believe I may have a theory as to why this glitch is occurring; the dummy/NPC/Humanoid must be in workspace whilst calling :LoadAnimation() on it, otherwise this error occurs.

This fixed the problem for me, but I’m not 100% sure, There have been situations in the past I’ve called :LoadAnimation on an NPC that was in ReplicatedStorage. Oh well, if I’m wrong then it may be a general bug.

137 Likes

Bro even I just ran into this issue what bug is this?

9 Likes

Just ran into this issue. Someone needs to file a Bug Report for it.

3 Likes

Some of my older animations still work. My new ones just dont budge

1 Like

I am now encountering this issue as well. Anyone found any workarounds?

2 Likes

Nope, now it’s happening for a plugin I’m working on

4 Likes

Same issue over here! Today I contacted Roblox via gmail and got a human quick answer: they sent me a link to learn how to start to build/script. Of course, I told them I already know those basic and granted more information about this recent issue. At the moment, I’m awaiting for a reply (I guess I’ll get one tomorrow). I’ll update you, guys!

5 Likes

This worked for me

Example:

viewmodel.Parent = game.Workspace
local v_idle = viewmodel.Animation.Animator:LoadAnimation(Idle)
viewmodel.Parent = game.ReplicatedStorage
13 Likes

Ah yes, that’s the way I’m doing it from now on. Although I’m convinced perhaps Roblox changed Loading Animations requiring the humanoid to be in workspace. Oh well, at least we found a “solution”.

3 Likes

Started happening with me too, out of nowhere too which is really weird. It only happens after I reset weirdly.

6 Likes

I’ve been contacting Roblox Team since last week and all they did was send me API reference links to learn how to script. I’m really upset right now.

In my case, the problem was caused by the simultaneous animation loading and the “solution” was set a random delay between 0 and 2 (and pray that animations would load at different time between that time lapse).

2 Likes

The issue i found was that the animator cannot load animations while the character’s parent is nil, before setting the :LoadAnimation(), make a repeat task.wait() loop until player.Character

2 Likes

All I got from Roblox Team:

3 Likes

It’s the first time I’ve come across it, too.

I just put in a problematic section of code, checking for the presence of a humanoid parent.

if(not humanoid.Parent)then
        return;
    end
3 Likes