Error code 773 when teleporting

how do i check game id? i got it through roblox website on the places page

The GameID is the ID found in a URL on the regular roblox website, example:

https://www.roblox.com/games/696347899/Stepford-County-Railway

whereas the PlaceID is the ID found when you go to your creator dashboard and go to “Places” after selecting a game. You need to make sure its a PlaceID, NOT GameID.

@BlyatRobloxCyka also ensure BOTH places are fully PUBLISHED.

1 Like

definitely are, is the placeid in the url?
e.g create.roblox/dashboard/creations/experiences/5023531893/places/–>14580650489<–/configure

That would be correct, yes. The reason why I asked about them being published is because in the console screenshot it shows the error as because both places aren’t published.

Hey there!

It looks like you’re working on a game with your friends and are trying to use the TeleportService to teleport players, but you’re encountering the “Error 773: The place attempted to teleport to is restricted.” issue. This error can be frustrating, but let’s see if we can help you resolve it!

The error message you’re seeing indicates that the place you’re attempting to teleport to is restricted. This could be due to various factors, such as the place being unpublished, private, or having certain settings that prevent teleportation. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Game Settings: Make sure that the destination place has been published and is accessible to the public. Double-check the game settings to ensure that it’s open to all players or at least friends, if that’s the intention.
  2. Player Permissions: If you’re testing with friends, ensure that the players you’re attempting to teleport have appropriate permissions to access both the current place and the destination place.
  3. Teleportation Workflow: Ensure that you’re using the correct TeleportService method for your use case. If you’re trying to teleport a party of players, you can use TeleportService:TeleportPartyAsync. If you’re teleporting individual players, use TeleportService:TeleportAsync.
  4. Check Place IDs: Double-check that you’re using the correct place IDs for teleportation. Make sure you’re specifying the correct place ID of the destination place.
  5. Error Handling: It’s a good practice to include error handling in your teleportation script. You can use pcall to capture any errors that might occur during the teleportation process and handle them gracefully.
  6. Testing: Try testing the teleportation with a simple script in a test place to verify that the issue isn’t related to the specific game you’re working on.

If you’ve already tried the above steps and are still encountering the error, it might be worth reaching out to Roblox Support for further assistance. They can help investigate and provide more specific guidance based on your situation.

Lastly, make sure that you’re using the most up-to-date documentation and resources from the Roblox Developer Hub. Sometimes there could be changes or updates that affect how certain features work.

I hope this helps you troubleshoot and resolve the teleportation issue. Good luck with your game development, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions! :rocket:

Ive tried everything here - pcall responds with http 403, perms are now public, im using TS:ReserveServer and then TS:TeleportToPrivateServer instead of async because it just doesnt work for me at all, place ids are fine and games are both published fully

You must publish the place you want to teleport to. Go to file → Publish to roblox as (I think). The error you sent showed: “This game is not published”. May this help

If it doesn’t help, publis both places to roblox as.

have you tried doing:

1. Publish the place you are teleporting from.
2. After publishing find an option Shut Down All servers.
3. Use TeleportPartyAsync with a player in array.

I have lmao - still not working

Ive tried TeleportPartyAsync - I cant manage to get players into an array even tho its in a table and im also moving them into a priv server so reserveserver and teleporttoprivateserver is what im using. how do i shut down all servers?

It responds “http 403”? If so, the error usually occurs if you’re trying to teleport the player in studio.
Sorry for responding late.

1 Like

yes but in roblox player it responds w/ 773 - in the dev log it says what i sent in the first image

ok, I’ll try to figure it out.

could you try teleporting the players individually instead of a table of players, as I think it usually occurs when teleporting a group.

I don’t know if this is the solution though.

the error says the game isnt published so try publish your GAME, also YOU cant telelport while in studio. Check the output window for actual Error

1 Like

i have - check the first screenshot

i could try it - im guessing i, v loop to send them all to the private server?

OUTPUT window not CONSOLE is the in view>view Roblox

I’ve found a fix that should work for almost everyone as it worked for me and it’s pretty simple.
1.Open up the place that your trying to teleport to Ex:Trying to teleport to place A to place B, open place B
2. put any object inside of Place B
3. Press Alt + P to publish or go to File > Publish to Roblox

If it does not work then repeat step 3 until it does

I hope that i helped!