Error code 773 when teleporting

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

Im making a game with my friends and as the main (only) scripter I have to learn how to use the TeleportService. After lots of attempts, Ive managed to nail it down to Error 773: The place attempted to teleport to is restricted. I’ve looked through the forums to yet no avail, and I’m going mad over it

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    ^^

2023-08-27 16_09_44-Roblox

2. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Using TS:TeleportAsync, TS:TeleportPartyAsync, made all places open to friends only and on my main account joined, results in error 773. No Teleports work - Developer Console in game says that the place isn’t published, even though it is and has been for about a day now.

2 Likes

Check the Game Settings and ensure 3rd Party Teleports are on maybe?

1 Like

Could you show the script please?

1 Like

Its defo on for both places - all in same universe

local TS = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local placeId = "14580650489" -- Enter a second Id Place.
local list = {}
local timer
local teleporting = false
local touchdb = false
local spawnTeleport = game.Workspace.MainLobby.JoinGameTP
local Mod = require(script.Parent.Parent.ModuleScript)

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit)
	if hit.Parent:findFirstChild("Humanoid") then
		if teleporting == false then
			local char = hit.Parent
			local player = game.Players:FindFirstChild(char.Name)
			local alreadyExists = false
			touchdb = true

wait(1)

for i=1,#list do
				if list[i] == char.Name then
					alreadyExists = true
				end
			end

if alreadyExists == false then
				if #list < 3 then -- Many Players have been teleported.
					table.insert(list,char.Name)
					char.PrimaryPart.CFrame = spawnTeleport.CFrame
				end

player.CharacterRemoving:connect(function(character)
					Mod.removeFromList(character, list)
				end)
			end

if alreadyExists == true and touchdb == false then
				Mod.removeFromList(char, list)
				char.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.LeaveGameTP.CFrame + CFrame.new(0, 3, 0)
			end
		end
	end
end)

while wait() do
	timer = 3 -- Wait time before teleport change to whawtever you want it to be
	for i=1,timer do
		timer = timer - 1
		wait(1)
	end
	Mod.teleportPlayers(list, placeId)
end
local tpfunc = {}

local TS = game:GetService("TeleportService")

function tpfunc.removeFromList(character, list)
	for i=1,#list do
		if list[i] == character.Name then
			table.remove(list,i)
		end
	end
end

function tpfunc.teleportPlayers(list, placeId)
	if #list > 0 then
		local playersToTeleport = {}
		local teleportTime = 0
		for i=1,#list do
			if game.Players:findFirstChild(list[i]) then
				table.insert(playersToTeleport,game.Players:findFirstChild(list[i]))
			else
				table.remove(list,i)	
			end
		end 
		local code = TS:ReserveServer(placeId)
		TS:TeleportToPrivateServer(placeId,code,playersToTeleport)
		repeat wait() until #list <= 0
	end
end

return tpfunc

this is module (Mod.___ in first script)

Are you sure this is a PLACEID and not a GAMEID? There is a difference between the two that are easy to muddle up.

how do i check game id? i got it through roblox website on the places page

The GameID is the ID found in a URL on the regular roblox website, example:

https://www.roblox.com/games/696347899/Stepford-County-Railway

whereas the PlaceID is the ID found when you go to your creator dashboard and go to “Places” after selecting a game. You need to make sure its a PlaceID, NOT GameID.

@BlyatRobloxCyka also ensure BOTH places are fully PUBLISHED.

1 Like

definitely are, is the placeid in the url?
e.g create.roblox/dashboard/creations/experiences/5023531893/places/–>14580650489<–/configure

That would be correct, yes. The reason why I asked about them being published is because in the console screenshot it shows the error as because both places aren’t published.

Hey there!

It looks like you’re working on a game with your friends and are trying to use the TeleportService to teleport players, but you’re encountering the “Error 773: The place attempted to teleport to is restricted.” issue. This error can be frustrating, but let’s see if we can help you resolve it!

The error message you’re seeing indicates that the place you’re attempting to teleport to is restricted. This could be due to various factors, such as the place being unpublished, private, or having certain settings that prevent teleportation. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check Game Settings: Make sure that the destination place has been published and is accessible to the public. Double-check the game settings to ensure that it’s open to all players or at least friends, if that’s the intention.
  2. Player Permissions: If you’re testing with friends, ensure that the players you’re attempting to teleport have appropriate permissions to access both the current place and the destination place.
  3. Teleportation Workflow: Ensure that you’re using the correct TeleportService method for your use case. If you’re trying to teleport a party of players, you can use TeleportService:TeleportPartyAsync. If you’re teleporting individual players, use TeleportService:TeleportAsync.
  4. Check Place IDs: Double-check that you’re using the correct place IDs for teleportation. Make sure you’re specifying the correct place ID of the destination place.
  5. Error Handling: It’s a good practice to include error handling in your teleportation script. You can use pcall to capture any errors that might occur during the teleportation process and handle them gracefully.
  6. Testing: Try testing the teleportation with a simple script in a test place to verify that the issue isn’t related to the specific game you’re working on.

If you’ve already tried the above steps and are still encountering the error, it might be worth reaching out to Roblox Support for further assistance. They can help investigate and provide more specific guidance based on your situation.

Lastly, make sure that you’re using the most up-to-date documentation and resources from the Roblox Developer Hub. Sometimes there could be changes or updates that affect how certain features work.

I hope this helps you troubleshoot and resolve the teleportation issue. Good luck with your game development, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions! :rocket:

Ive tried everything here - pcall responds with http 403, perms are now public, im using TS:ReserveServer and then TS:TeleportToPrivateServer instead of async because it just doesnt work for me at all, place ids are fine and games are both published fully

You must publish the place you want to teleport to. Go to file → Publish to roblox as (I think). The error you sent showed: “This game is not published”. May this help

If it doesn’t help, publis both places to roblox as.

have you tried doing:

1. Publish the place you are teleporting from.
2. After publishing find an option Shut Down All servers.
3. Use TeleportPartyAsync with a player in array.

I have lmao - still not working

Ive tried TeleportPartyAsync - I cant manage to get players into an array even tho its in a table and im also moving them into a priv server so reserveserver and teleporttoprivateserver is what im using. how do i shut down all servers?

It responds “http 403”? If so, the error usually occurs if you’re trying to teleport the player in studio.
Sorry for responding late.

1 Like

yes but in roblox player it responds w/ 773 - in the dev log it says what i sent in the first image