Error: "Failed to load sound rbxassetid://" (but the sound is loading)

Reproduction Steps

I have several sounds in my workspace. All sounds are loading. But when I enter the game, the engine is generating an error for a specific sound:

9UCQ087RRv

However, even with the above error being generated by the Engine, the sound is actually loading correctly and plays smoothly within the game.

Expected Behavior

If the sound is loading correctly, the Engine shouldn’t be generating the error.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-25 00:11:00 (-03:00)

2 Likes

This is quite odd as this error throughout Developer Console only shows commonly if the audio you created/took from the Creator Marketplace was copyrighted, leading to being removed… It turns out that your audio is just pending to be approved (once searching in the Roblox platform):

2 Likes

I’ve started to notice a lot of my shorter (.5 or less) sounds uploaded are getting stuck in pending (For about 3 days now). He might be experiencing this. Reuploading doesn’t fix the issue.

1 Like

I assume is erroring in the server but loading in the client. (You showed the error in the server so yeah) Anyways hopefully they fix it, because it could cause weird behaviors in certain games where they are waiting for the sound to finish on the server side.

I kinda experienced this too, but mainly in Studio, when I open a place sometimes it displays that error.

1 Like

Time passes, Roblox doesn’t do anything about it and, along with Error while loading entities for universe <number>: HTTP 500 (InternalServerError), my output log fills up with errors…
When will Roblox do something?

I cannot experience the issues at all. Maybe it’s on your end.

@rogeriodec_games, usually when someone is not responding to a bug they are either not knowing how to deal with it or just didn’t notice it yet, unlikely.

Having a similar issue. Tried uploading sounds on November 26th and they’re still pending moderation (as well as any reattempts to reupload them since).

An example id: rbxassetid://11665416999

1 Like

The error disappeared because the asset was approved.
But that doesn’t mean that the Studio bug has been fixed, because I can only prove this if there is another pending asset in the same situation.
Even so, I will close this topic to shorten the queue.
In case the same problem occurs again, I will reopen it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.