Error in Opening Places after Mesh Uploading

So currently I am dealing with a little bit of a problem with studio in which is not allowing me to access Studio in places where I upload a specific asset as of today at 4:25 PM PST. When I try to upload a said file, it would result in not showing up at first so I was thinking “Oh the normals of the mesh must be face inward”, in which I fix that in Blender and try to re-upload into Studio. However, upon saving and closing studio, then re-opening studio to see if that fixed the problem since I was still not able to see it after attempting to fix that, I first come across this error:

Occasionally if I keep trying to open Studio, I would also come across this error:

So I decided this to try this in another place file I have, in which the same outcomes have happened and now I can’t open either one of the places, which are:

and

In the end, I now have those 2 places locked basically from being able to access Studio, which is sort of a problem especially for the “Upload Modeling Site” since that’s where I upload most of my assets that I use universally throughout projects. The file that started this all can be found below, however, I advise to take caution if you attempt to try to upload the file. I’m not sure if this is 100% replicable however after experiencing it 2 times in a row in my own sessions of studio, I would say it’s a possibility.

IndustrialBuilding2.obj (644.1 KB)

If you were to upload to Blender you would see I was just trying a bunch of stuff randomly on this set of pipe stacks / this was not how the model was originally triangulated

It is also good to note that I am currently able to access any other studio / published place at this time, its just these two that I can’t due to this problem.

6 Likes

Right now I can’t access any game I recently published to, without the model.

I’m currently bulk importing MeshParts, and I get these errors in the output:

If I save a place with those errors, I can no longer open the place:

1 Like

@Veldaren @TheDreamDealer @Golembyte Which beta features did you have enabled while uploading these meshes?

I have every beta feature enabled, however I just disabled the asset manager to see if that was the problem however I am still not able to open the two place files listed above / I continue to get the errors.

I had all of them but Asset Manager. I didn’t upload any meshes but I was just saying I couldn’t join or access any games I recently had published to.

1 Like

The Skinned Meshes beta feature is disabled?

I actually just realized “Skinned Meshes” and currently have had it disabled.

Yes

Devforum is loading forever on some pages as well, not sure if that’s related. (not loading the page at all, getting 502 errors, etc)
And search bar is stuck. I also had troubles editing/uploading this post.

2 Likes

The issue is also affecting with model uploading.

Is uploading still broken?

Do these places still fail to open?

Currently not able to open places still:

And uploads?

I am able to upload again / upload the same asset I have been trying to correctly, however I am using the old asset manager:

Uploading is fixed for me.
Can’t really test the place opening since I already reverted versions.

Although for some reason my quick access bar has reset to default :thinking:

1 Like

If you include version number & placeId, that works as well.

@TheDreamDealer @Golembyte @Trizxistan can you include place version number & place ID (already have OP’s placeIds) so we can investigate even if the place is reverted to a previous version?

Also, if you could include logs from when you attempted to open the broken places, that would also be helpful

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/logs/705723

Here are the logs.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/bug-report-model-failed-to-upload-and-place-open-fails/705731