Error when changing npcs dialogue after player triggers a proximity prompt using Beastslashes NPC dialogue creator

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

So ive been recently been playing around with Beastslashes wonderful little dialogue maker plugin which has a bunch of options which give you a whole lot of freedom of what you can do with it. Now im currently playing around with the Conditions feature and im currently trying to make the npc change dialogue whenever the player triggers a proximity prompt in game.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

Now the problem is that the conditions script doesnt seem to be detecting that the player has triggered the Proximity prompt which in turn isnt changing the npcs dialogue and the output isnt saying why so im a bit left in the dark

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I havent really seen anyone else ask questions about the plugin outside of things that never ended up getting answered so i really didnt have anything to build off of other than the plugin page itself which still didnt really give me the answers i needed.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

Heres the script that i tried to use but didnt seem to work.

return function(player)
	local proximityPrompt = game.Workspace.TeleportersA.ProximityPrompt

if proximityPrompt.Triggered then
		return true -- Message 1
	end

return false -- Message 2
end;

and heres the link to the plugin page itself: Plugin

.Triggered is a event.

proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(Caller) --// Caller is the player that triggered the prompt

end)

Still doesnt seem to be working even after adding the suggested change. i presume theres something im missing but ive got any a clue what, might be missing an end or )

return function(player)

if proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(Caller) then
		return true -- Message 1
	end

end;

events dont work with if statements

proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(Caller)
	return true
end)

Ah i see, sorry i completly forgot about that factor when adding the changes. Still doesnt seem to be working as intended though, now it seems to only be displaying the 2nd message instead of the first one even if the player presses the proximity prompt. Output is once again being silent.

return function(player)

proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function(Caller)
		return true -- Message 1
	end)

end;

robloxapp-20230923-1859045.wmv (1.1 MB)

Sorry bout that i accidently pressed the post button twice :sob: