Escape Room: Mystery Manor Escape | feedback

Hello, I am working on a game called Escape Room: Mystery Manor Escape. It is still testing, but I need to feedback.

The game is sometimes glitchy.

It will not be up for a long time.

8 Likes

I would recommend adding some sort of music in the background. This will make it more enjoyable, since you will be able to listen to music while escaping.

6 Likes

Thank you for letting me know, that sounds like a great idea.

2 Likes

I would also recommend disabling shiftlock, since you can do this with it on:

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I did something wrong but the keypad is changing all the numbers to 0 when pressed
Screenshot 2024-04-02 170854

5 Likes

I’m not sure why it was changing, but I was still able to get through the door.

5 Likes

Ok, I have added music and disabled shift lock.

That is a glitch. I am still trying to fix. (But here’s how to work around it, you need to press enter when you find a new one, then look at the code and put it in. By the way, it’s still counts as a number, it is not all 0

5 Likes

I found that out when I tried the code, yeah. Also, for future updates, I recommend shutting down the servers so that the updates are implemented, otherwise, already running servers won’t update.

3 Likes

I didn’t wanna do it because I knew you were in the game testing things out. I have a soft shut down

2 Likes

Oh, ok, that sounds good. However, I don’t mind, so you can shut it down, and I’ll start from the beginning.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the white parts coming out of the floor are. I would recommend a couple more things (these are just recommendations, you don’t have to add them):

• Setting the spawn points transparency to 1
  • Changing the forcefield duration to 0
  • Changing the respawn time to 0

2 Likes

Ok, I removed that part, respawn time is zero no force field I will remove spawn point make it transparent when I’m done with the game

1 Like

Not sure if you are already doing this, since you said that you aren’t done with the game, but I would recommend adding furniture throughout the rooms to add more depth to the game, and possibly make it so that there are different rooms instead of the same repeating rooms. (Again, I am only giving you ideas, not criticizing your game).

Also, I can’t tell if this is true, but are the rooms structurally generated as you walk, or are they preset?

1 Like

They are randomly generated there are 25 rooms if you don’t Count the room you spawn in.

Also, I like your recommendations so I’m following them : )

Quick question, why does this happen when you stand on the code part?

2 Likes

that is because I did not make it that you can walk right through it, which I will do. I’m just quickly updating the game.

1 Like

All good. I’m noticing a glitch where the key code won’t let me type anything unless the enter key on the wall is clicked first.

3 Likes

If possible, I would recommend making it so that instead of the passcode changing every so often, have it change whenever the correct pin is put in so that the pin won’t ever be the same if you get to the next door before it can change.

1 Like