Event does not fire on server

so i’m making a script which uses events. All was fine, until it stopped working after i added a new event. the Old event fires, but the new event doesn’t go to the server.
Scripts:

• Client
    (Whizz event DOES fire)
  • Server
    it does not print “sv” nor prints any errors in output.

Any idea why this happened?

2 Likes

This is because you are sending values to an unknown client. You need to tell the server what client to fire at. Also the player parameter you are sending to the server is useless because once you fire the client it will automatically have the player parameter.

edit: You need to change the victim parameter to the player parameter when firing the client.

the server should print “sv” no matter what because it is before everything, but it doesn’t. The other event fires succesfully though. the player parameter is also not the player from who it is being fired.

Where is the location of the client sided script in the explorer?

it is in startercharacterscripts inside a folder. the whizz event fires, the NewSuppression event does not.

Change dist so it is equal to 11.

Edit: I believe the issue is your math is wrong. Dist should be equal too (Bullet.Position - head.Position).Magnitude.

it doesn’t matter because the Whizz event fires anyway meaning dist is less than 11.

and when i also put “print(“yes”)” inside the client, it prints it. but it doesn’t fire it to the server.

Could you try changing it anyway?

like i thought, nothing changed, the event still does not fire although the old event fires.

this is what i have now. it prints “dist less than 11” but the :FireServer() function does not fire on the NewSuppression event, it only works for the Whizz event for some reason.

Take the "blur" parameter out of it.

still didn’t change anything.
charlimit

add a task.wait(5) in between the 2 fire:servers.

1 Like

i did not add task.wait, i just changed the print(“”) values, and it apparently fixed itself. roblox needs to fix that, this isn’t the first time i’ve seen this.
the client code does not work though, so i’m not marking this as a solution yet, ill mark it when i fix it/it fixes itself

Oh okay. I have not had this issue where it doesn’t fire it so I was having issues thinking of what it could be. Glad you found the issue!

nope, it did not fix itself. the event DOES fire on client now but the Blur Effect doesn’t even get added.
Instance.new() does not create the blur.
“NewSuppression Client” is getting printed meaning the event now works on client as well.

i do not see anything wrong with this function nor does it print errors.

I believe it isn’t working because the tween info is setup incorrectly. Here is the documentation or tween info so you can see how to set it up. TweenInfo

it doesn’t create the BlurEffect at all though

Like it doesn’t pop up in the explorer?

1 Like

yeah it doesn’t at all, nor does it blur the vision
charlimitagain