EventBlocks Devlog 4 | Making a visual scripting plugin in Roblox

Hello everyone!

The plugin is getting better and better every day! It now has functionality to interact with any object in the game (move, rotate, destroy). I’ve also added loops, new events, and the first error prompt!
Error prompt:

Here’s a very short but cool code you can make under 20 seconds!
(here’s the code broken up to it’s pieces)

Result:

I hope you are excited to see how this project continues. If you have any ideas you would want to have as a block tell me in the replies!

Important!

When the plugin gets released, it will be free for a time I don’t know yet (maybe few days, weeks or months) but after that It’ll cost between 50 and 100 robux! If you would like to know when the plugin gets released, tell me to tag you, and I will tag you in the upcoming devlogs and in the release post!

Make sure to tell all feedbacks, critics, ideas, questions in the replies, I don’t want to be filled with private messages :smiley:

Have a good day/night/morning!

Tagged people:
@BandaidKidd

18 Likes

does this support classes yet like oop classes?

1 Like

I’m sure it could support OOP classes, but I can’t understand OOP classes so that’s not possible at the moment. It doesn’t even have functions yet. But thanks for letting me know about that too!

2 Likes

Looks cool. It will definitely make coding easier.

2 Likes

I do think so! Thank you!

Cheers.

2 Likes

Can you add me to the tagged list?

2 Likes

Please tag me! I will need this and when you release it, I will urgently need it!

2 Likes

Tag me pls this will remove my nightmares!

2 Likes

Omg this plugin is (going to be) so good!
Of course wouldn’t work at all for anything serious but now if I want to make a small project for fun (not our team goal this year) I wouldn’t need to bother my programmer friend :rofl:

2 Likes

This is brilliant! I’m waiting to test it in real!

1 Like

Three people have been added to the tag list. Thank you for showing some interest!

1 Like

Thx!
Yes, it’s mainly for small projects, but the goal is that you could make complex games with it too!

2 Likes

That was a good joke! :laughing:
Wait-
You don’t really mean it right?
Complex games like Bloxburg, Bedwars and Jailbreak?

2 Likes

Just check out some Scratch games before you think it is a joke :slight_smile:
We will see how far it can go in this platform.

Anyway, I see this project is one of the most original invention among Roblox Studio plugins.

1 Like

Super scratch Bros is the max tier. And compared to bloxburg, it’s like comparing a skateboard with a spaceship.

1 Like

Yes. This is not just for obbies and clicker games, but for complex games like Jailbreak, Adopt Me, Bedwars, etc. Of course there’s still a lot of work to do because it doesn’t event support client sided scripting yet.
Besided client scripting, it will support Datastores and RemoteEvents/Functions, and with these you can basically create any game you like!

1 Like

I prefer Minecraft in Scratch :slight_smile:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/50029544/

Anyway, we are talking about sg after some devlog posts, and that is great news!
Looking forward to see it’s working!

1 Like

At this point it’s just a distraction. LuaU codes in the representation of words is the best thing for complex roblox games. This will not be able to script sandboxes, and definitely a lot harder to achieve certain precise goals for good programmers.
Again, good plugin, but no good programmers will use it. Do whatever you want, at least kills time.

1 Like

Ah yes, but compared to Bloxburg and games like Ark Survival Evolved that is expected to appear soon, it’s going to be an impossible obstacle. (Saying this either makes y’all stop daydreaming or encourage you even more on making it to prove me wrong, so either way, it’s good.)

1 Like

But if there will be people who learn this instead of LuaU, they might find it easier to make their games with EventBlocks. Also, there are people who might be looking for some challenges, they can challenge themselves trying to create complicated games with visual scripting.
If you can understand LuaU, you don’t have to use this. But there are a LOT of people who find this easier that writing code.

2 Likes