Events platform [Full release]

I do have a question

Is there going to be a page for players to find events? Because right now if you want to play an event then it would be hard for people to find it if you didn’t use any links.

Apart from my question, I think this is a great update for developers and players alike!

4 Likes

I’d like to see a purchasable tickets type of thing here which will be backed up with an API I think that will open up a lot of possibilities.

2 Likes

Cool update, but it currently looks like it’s limited to only the website, and doesn’t bridge to Lua code in any way. It would be cool to not have to develop an events system by hand and utilize a service or API for this, allowing for a more streamlined development experience.

1 Like

This is an amazing feature! It holds a lot of potential for users to make special seasonal events, live events etc. I can see much more being added to this such as potential UGC item rewards within the event, possibly more customizable pages for the event for example colors, videos etc. Overall, great update!

I think this feature is really cool! Although, I want to know, will there be plans to add an API for this feature?

It would be really helpful if we could interact with this feature through code inside of experiences.

1 Like

This is a really good feature added to Roblox, but the only issue I have is finding the actual events page to where I can find events.

I’m going to give my honest opinion about this feature.

This may be a good feature and all, but most people don’t realize that this is going to be raided by tons of developers, which is basically going to be treated like ads, but like in a fancy free version.

So would it make the events feature useless? Not exactly, but every developers dream is to have a successful game, and with every developer attacking the event feature, the chances of people seeing your event is going to gradually decrease.

I could be wrong about everything I said depending on how this works.

This is an interesting feature, but if I want to subscribe to a game’s events I should easily find current and upcoming events on my Home Page. Having it in another section that people must click to peer into notifications is unnecessary for the function it serves.

Currently, this is a great feature for the Mobile user experience and not so much on the Desktop experience due to how the notifications are handled.

Also, I sometimes have events that last for nearly 2 months on my experience, will the duration of events for this feature expand to longer durations? There’s also smaller events that overlap with a larger one and I want to be able to send notifications about events to players (with a 3 day cooldown or so if I am notifying them again).

Periodically sending out event notifications that show it’s a few days duration for 2 months seems like spam.

3 Likes

For users who are currently signing up for events, how visible is it on PC?

Notification visibility:
  • Very good, I notice as soon as it occurs.
  • I notice it about half an hour after I receive the notification.
  • I’m late to the party.
  • Sometimes I see the notification, sometimes I don’t.
  • Not visible, I’m always late or the event has already ended.

0 voters

I’m skeptical that for a mainly-PC game that this wouldn’t work out due to visibility.

add a community events section at the navbar, there was an events tab but it’s gone :frowning:

also it happened at 4 AM in my time, so I didn’t get to see it early :frowning:

and I like that there’s events now

3 Likes

I adore this update, thanks a bunch! Are there any plans for an API with this new feature?

Is it just me. Or did I blink and every roblox update possible started to released

Very cool update, but I feel like these events will be used as marketing instead of the old classic events we used to have before 2019.

Is there some kind of Roblox in-game API that allows us to view when a player has joined the game by clicking the event join button? Maybe something with the join data?

Will there be PolicyService support for this feature? In some-cases events may feature ads, the requirement to join something like a Discord server, or the update may entirely be a new paid item trading feature, etc. in these-cases it would be much preferred to hide the events for illegible users.

3 Likes

I absolutely love the idea of this, hopefully we can use it as we periodically do holiday-themed events.

Would be nice to be able to detect event updates that are controlled from the website in game. Have an event updates section on the event page so events can happen at the same time in all servers. Eg release of a new item, start a countdown to a new update, real time status updates, etc.

local EventService = game:GetService("EventService")
local NewItemEvent = EventService:GetEvent("850845785233669877")

NewItemEvent:GetEventUpdateSignal("ReleaseNewItem"):Connect(function(EventUpdateData)

-- Example of EventUpdateData, values eg UpdateTimestamp would already be set by Roblox not the developer
	EventUpdateData = {
		UpdateTimestamp = DateTime.now().UnixTimestamp,
		UpdatePlaceId = game.PlaceId,
		UpdateGameId = game.GameId,

EventData = {
			-- Data here will be by the developer from the event dashboard on the website
			ItemName = "DiamondSword",
			ItemPrice = 500,
		},
	}
end)
5 Likes

How would that work? Events theirself don’t do anything apart from notify players. Roblox would need to add a new service to do this.

I have the notifications icon removed via editing the CSS of the page.

1 Like

I am the co-owner of a group that does live hostings. The events platform seems great for what we’re wanting, but we would absolutely need to be able to set it so that other ranks in our group could also create events. In my group, the only person who can do anything with the events platform is the other owner!

This is basically the same issue that @Real and @AbstractAlex mentioned in their comments. Does Roblox intend on making this an option at any point?

Can we stop pretending like this is the best way to handle this? I’m a manager for my studio, and I constantly have to bug the group owner to do things that we should be able to be given permissions for.

What’s the reasoning for this? And when are we going to see better permissions systems.

8 Likes