Events platform [Full release]

It’s crazy that Roblox boasts about hosting large scale businesses with many employees but still restricts so many features to the group owner. If Roblox ever intends to have large businesses scale, they need to stop pretending like Roblox games are made by only one person.

4 Likes

The “Share” button at the bottom left does not do anything. Im on Android btw.

2 Likes

As interesting as this update may be, I feel like its a bit redundant and useless (as of what it is now).

Developers take actions themselves (either in game or through third party services) to engage the audience on live events. Not to mention, by doing it this way, we can use Roblox API to have something actually happen on those dates.

Until something else is released alongside this update, I kind of think it needs some tinkering. The concept is there, but the execution currently is not.

Sounds good! It’s definitely going to give just a bit of advantage to small games, although it seems like it won’t last too much.

How do you access the page? I can’t seem to figure out how to access it

The thing is that this new feature is not to come back as the section we have where Roblox featured sponsorship and/or UGC Events, and yes more to be a “community update” for users to know what will be featured in the experience based on its deadline.

1 Like

Hello, My Suggestion is for group that People wich have access to the game should be able to create them (Events) , In short, it really doesn’t make sense to bother the group owner for something concerning the development of the game.

I hope this suggestion is taken into consideration!

really cool feature but a few things that I think would make it better.

I feel like the discoverability is going to be kind of hard since you have to go to the games page. maybe there could be a page that you go to that has a bunch of upcoming. events

I get the issue that people could just use this to advertise their games and having the event on the games page would make it so that you couldn’t just advertise your game.

but I also think these events could be a good way to find new games.

another question I have is will there be any quality control? or could people just make random events that maybe don’t even change anything in their game?

my last kind of request is that users could give out ugc for the events. I know many people have asked for this and there could definitely be Issues with just giving out free ugc but I think it would be these so much better and enable developers to make awesome events. maybe only some bigger devs that would make quality events could give out ugc which is better than nothing

anyways really cool feature hoping to see this used a lot

¿Aparecerán los eventos que conocemos ósea de conseguir ítems gratis?

Yes, regular events will still show. Community made events do not show in the same place, though.

Y donde se podrá ver los eventos regulares

Really appreciate the feedback! We’ll definitely think about the ability to schedule recurring events going forward.
You should be able to delete past events in Creator Dashboard. Navigate to the Events tab => Past, and you can delete past events by clicking the 3 dot menu in the top right of each event.

3 Likes

We definitely hear you, and we understand the value of being able to interact with events via code vs. just the UI. This will be an important factor in our future-decision making.

7 Likes

I would love to see an events discover page

1 Like

It would be great to see some analytics on events, so we can compare them with our other events to see how we can improve in the future:

1. Event Page Impressions (# of people who visit that event page at least once)
  2. Event Signups (# of people who click “Interested”)
  3. Event Conversion (# of people who signed up and played the game via the notification when the event begins.)
2 Likes

We appreciate the feedback, and we understand that this makes it a lot tougher for groups to schedule events for their experiences. We’re looking to make this easier soon, and it’s a significant point that will inform our thinking in the future.

cc @AbstractAlex, @Avadonia, @Rootie_DaHoodie, @FamedChris, @Sonostrano20, and others who brought up a similar concern.

8 Likes

I agree, alternatively I imagine you could use the os library and have a listener trigger when the Event is also supposed to trigger.
Not as streamlined as a direct API with the website Event but it’s a workaround!

3 Likes

We also need to be able to receive launch data when someone joins via the events page so that the game can route them to an event server/place or something similar.

5 Likes

If and when an API gets introduced, I think it would be really cool to have the ability to check if a certain player is following an event. This way players could get rewarded for following update events and whatnot.

3 Likes

Deleting events seems to be bugged. I get a 403 error every time I try to delete one, and when I refresh the page the event is still there.