Evercyan's RPG Kit (V2)

I’m experiencing the same exact problems, but for a class that I use to hold vehicles (Specifically ships). Do you have any recommendations for resolving this issue? It is no way related to armor, so I don’t believe that the code you used can fix my issue.

EDIT:
I think it is also important to note that after throwing the same errors, console shows several warnings reading “Infinite yield possible on ‘ReplicatedStorage.PlayerData:WaitForChild(“397584433”)’ - Studio”. The number represents the player’s data folder.

1 Like

According to my knowledge, there might only be one minor bug with the kit currently relating to items doubling (but not saving multiple), and lots of these issues others are having are from something on their end, or a conflict with another system outside of the kit.

If you’re having problems with a specific setup of the kit, please make sure to include a repro file, and I can take a look at it to see what action you may need to take!

2 Likes

I have a question. I wish to make it so that when a player mines stone [a model], a custom item stone is given to the player, which can be sold for some gold.

Is there a way to add custom item types?

Also, is there a way to add another NPC [example: a fisherman ] which performs both buying and selling [buying fishing rod and bait and selling fishes]?

1 Like

Too add custom item types (tools) I just duplicated some logic and I was good to go.
HonestlyTooLazyToStripMyGameToCreateAKitHaveMyWholeGameInsteadLol.rbxl (537.2 KB)
Here is a old old old version of my game when a person requested a misc tool type. :/.

Create new xLib, update datamanager, add new slot creation in inventory ui, update other ui, and you should be good then. I think that is all I did.

1 Like

Easiest way to implement this would be a custom currency under the player data script, and increment it when needed.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has found a way or knows a clean way to make updating mobs/items from a single script/module is possible. I mean I know it’s possible but has anyone done this yet?

I’ve spent a good amount of time importing weapons, mobs etc but to have to go in and change their stats individually inside every item/mob/etc is tiresome and is going to not be great at scale.

If you were to make mob, armor, and weapon stats all be in a single script your script would include thousands of lines of code. That would be very unorganized. It would be best to keep them in separate scripts for organization purposes. :/.

Sure but having weapons, mob together wouldnt be that bad, at least it would let you edit in one place not every item. Im not that great at scripting so im open to hear options

You’d have to create tags for each mob, weapon, armor and also then script it so the mob, weapon, and armor take the tag and apply the tag data.

Sure it would all be in one place but it is not optimized to all have it in said place. It would be more of a hassle creating a system can handle it all being in one script than to just have them separate like they are now.

items duplicate on the hotbar gui on death. not too sure how to fix it

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue, a temporary fix is to find ‘Orion’s Modified Evercyan RPG Kit’ in the toolbox and replace the ‘Inventory’, ‘Pawn’, ‘Main’, ‘Shop’ and ‘Tooltip’ ScreenGUI’s with the different ones from Orion’s kit, however, I am still waiting for a solution in the normal version of the kit.

Apologies for the delay, I plan to take a look at this when I get some free time here and hopefully get a fix out.

Been working on a game with this kit for 6 months and (quite) heavily modified it, but there’s an issue going on where players around lvl 68~ and beyond, would stop getting EXP and GOLD from enemies and it’s just so random. Some players don’t get the glitch, while others do, and nothing shows on the console it’s just them getting and not getting stats anymore, it’s like a 50/50. I haven’t modified the way gold and exp is earned so i don’t know what could be causing this error.

Evercyan THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RPG KIT, im making a game with it and its going very smoothly. However, theres a bug: Whenever you respawn you get your items back, how do i fix this?