Every single audio asset I upload, without fail, is getting auto-moderated

Any audio I’ve uploaded today has been rejected. Even ones that are royalty free(sounds from Freesound.org, for instance)

just one of the several that have been wrongfully rejected.
Is this a bug? I’ve never had this much of a struggle before with the audio moderation system.
Especially not with completely royalty free audio

22 Likes

royalty free does not necessarily mean copyright free, or IP free. it could just be a bug, but double check license and IP terms before you upload

I’m uploading unique ogg sounds and every single one is being deleted immediately. This is impeding my development rn.

11 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Yeah my game’s update is being held back because of this :C

Hopefully it is resolved soon

5 Likes

Same here. Tried changing formats from MP3 to OGG and still rejects.

3 Likes

This is also happening for me…

For the time being, there’s #moderation-review-requests if you want to try getting these assets reapproved, but that may take up to a few days for a reply (3 or less at best, more at worst).

I haven’t uploaded anything lately so I can’t comment big, just wanted to shove a moderation team that works around assets here for you.

Tried uploading three audio assets for my game and the same issue persists.

2 Likes

I hope we are able to upload the same sounds again after this issue is resolved as I am also having this issue. It would be a shame if we couldn’t upload the sound again.

1 Like

Happening to me too.

3 Likes

Hi, can I ask what tools you are using to encode files?

Im using Audacity to convert from WAV to OGG or MP3, both still fail.

2 Likes

Audacity to convert to OGG, but everything else fails too

2 Likes

My sounds all play fine in Studio & ingame until they get rejected for being “invalid”. This seems like a moderation bug to me.

How many seconds long are the song files? And how many bytes are in them?

The last sound I tried to upload was 1 second long and 13 kb, but this issue happens with any sound regardless of size, length, or format.

Hey developers,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We experienced a problem with a change we made to the back-end process of uploading audio. We’ve reverted the change and are investigating what went wrong.

You should now be able to re-upload audio and have it go through the process as it normally would. If your audio was previously denied, you may have to make a slight change to it in order for it to enter our system. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Developer Relations

15 Likes