Evolution Of My Stage Lighting Models

Hey everyone, again I have decided to show you guys some of my creations. Today I thought i’d feature my progression as a modeler by showing you guys some of the lighting consoles and fixtures I have put them in chronological order, with rough estimations for some of the older ones, others that were made more than 1 year ago I will just put in the order of when they were made.

I know that many may not understand the lighting community however. I think that modeling something and improving at modeling anything means that you can improve your modeling overall. So I think this post does a good job at gauging my overall acquisition of experience from just modeling in a particular genre.

First thing I ever made mesh wise for lighting was a parcan. I thought it would be the easiest to make. I already had some knowledge of blender so I decided to try to make a relatively basic parcan and it turned out great! These were probably made around early 2019

I also made a little stand to hang them on

After this I took a long hiatus from lighting to try out the car community, but I did eventually return around the beginning of quarantine and started making lighting meshes again

The first thing I made when i came back, similar to a parcan was a sourcefour or what many of non lighting enthusiasts call a “spotlight”

After this I was commissioned to make my first small mesh console which looked like this

This was about April 2020

After this I took some time and started making audio meshes, and did alot of practicing with audio meshes and returned to making lighting meshes

By this point I had made my first moving head, this would be about May 2020

After I made my first moving head I decided to do another commission for @Napelit and this time I made a huge leap in skill and I made something I never imagined I could make. A whole GrandMA3 Replica model that was relatively accurate as well

After this I finally made another console for myslf and by now it was about june / july 2020 and this time I made a GrandMA2 Light with a bit less texturing work than the MA3 since i wanted to keep it simple

I also improved in the moving head creation department

Than I decided the MA3 needed an addon so I made some NPU racks to go along with it

Please feel free to reply and let me know what you think / should make next :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Wow those look incredible. Don’t know what else to say.

4 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am impressed with the level of detail and how realistic it looks!

I am curious as to how you got that information decal on the back. Where did you find such image?

1 Like

I just kind of knew what to search for, I was just looking up for reference images and I stumbled on the back image so I was like oh here we go! and I kinda improved the quality and did some retouching which took an hour or two and than i texture it on.

2 Likes

To add to this the actual texture map looked like this when I was done than I just overlayed the decal.

2 Likes

That looks AMAZING! I love the effort of work & design you put into it, keep it up!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, i really appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way I can get in contact with you? Discord?

Yes, my info is on my portfolio.