Exceed 10,000 triangle limit

I am importing a “Comeng” train into roblox studio from blender and I found that the limit for trianges when importing mesh’s is 10,000. The model I am importing has 200,000.
How could I bypass this?

3 Likes

You can try to seperate your model and import multiple files

1 Like

Thanks
I will try this and see how it goes

So it was very tedious importing 10,000 triangles at a time on a 200,000 triangle model, so I found a new solution. There is a plugin that is called “Mesh Importer” that imports meshes at lower quality, but at one whole time. If you need quality though, importing 10,000 at a time is the way to go.

4 Likes

Ooo that’s very helpful… I used to separate my meshes-

First:
Roblox doesn’t need as much quality as blender does to achieve a decent result. Most of the time you can use: a decimate modifier or decrease your subsurface, and it will look exactly the same!
What im saying is: in blender some parts that look bad often don’t on roblox. Try looking at other meshes, like hats with BTR (a chrome extension).
Sometimes it’s necessary though, like a sphere. That one often needs more quality (cube with subsurf 3 is ok though! Just use a cast sphere modifier too)

Secondly:
I already know about that plugin and it’s great if you want to import all your meshes into 1 fbx and then organize it. However, you can also import 3 meshes at the same time in and then importing them with location so it would have the same result. ← Then I use a weldconstrant and that’s all

I think roblox has that limit so people don’t export huge meshes all the time, mesheparts aren’t as supported as baseparts so it will most likely slow the engine (if most of em where over 10k). Just a guess!

PD: I hope you use Blender :sweat_smile:

1 Like