Exception while signaling. Unable to cast to dictionary (Core Gui Roblox bug?)

Has anybody been getting this issue lately? It’s weird since it doesn’t tell me what script is and hasn’t happened to me before if it is TweenService

6 Likes

I have disabled all client modules and this issue is still happening @Bug-Support

(No server script is using TweenService)

It’s either a CoreGui script failing to make a Tween or something because I have been debugging and I ran the game without loading client scripts. The error is still occurring.

I have also been getting this in other games (not my games) as well

3 Likes

Can you please uninstall and reinstall Roblox to see if this resolves the issue? As I haven’t encountered this error before, and nor has anyone else (based on the lack of replies), it is possible it is something on your local client.

(To uninstall it, go to %localappdata%/Roblox/Versions and delete everything there (Windows only, idk mac or linux location)

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got this error. It’s strange, as I don’t know what could be causing this. I know some of my scripts were written by someone else in Portuguese, but that is only the variables and not the code itself.
I don’t know if this is anything with Roblox itself, but I recently reinstalled and this is brand new to me today.
It doesn’t occur in Roblox default games, so that might add something to this.

2 Likes

I’m getting this error as well

2 Likes

Strangely enough, after publishing after a tiny bit of time and publishing once, the error has completely vanished.

I’m completely unsure what happened or how, so I guess it might just be a weird accident issue.

3 Likes

This suddenly started happening on my game as well. I will report if I discover the actual cause. I’m under the assumption it was a mistake on my part.

EDIT: This is due to improper usage of TeleportService:GetLocalPlayerTeleportData(). At least, it was in my case.

2 Likes

it got fixed randomly before even doing so, but it will most likely come back as no fix was announced

1 Like

Well I got the error now so i guess im one of you

3 Likes

I’m getting the same error after the game finishes loading.
exception_while_signaling_unable_to_cast_to_dictionary

3 Likes

I’ve been getting this bug. Seems to be related to disconnecting

2 Likes

Scripts by Roblox or scripts by the developer? I’ve personally disabled all my client modules and scripts (As I mentioned before) and this still occurs

1 Like

I have no idea. I couldn’t find the source anywhere

1 Like

Hello, ran into this today and did a bit of testing. Seems to happen to me when the last option is not used for the Teleport command … Teleport(placeID, player, data) ← data. Don’t matter if you use it or not, but I do see that error if I don’t send something. An error at the beginning of the program I teleported to.

1 Like

Please read my previous reply. In my case, it has happened even with no developer scripts running, but you may be right since Roblox Core also uses teleports for their own functions

yes. it’s roblox’s fault lol charr

1 Like

Could you explain a bit more? This is also my case and I have no idea how to fix it.

bump

I also have been getting this error but its something on my modules, I have been trying to find a solution for it

don’t bump, just post a new topic

I’m fairly confident I know what this is, I decided to look on dev forums to find more information, essentially I started using this soft shutdown script by merely and ever since have been experiencing this error. I would check anything to do with either TeleportService or if you’re using some kind of soft shutdown script like I am, maybe also check that