Exe 5 (Product: exe V5) | Most Stunning Admin Panel Yet

I understand but adding yourself as an admin is a bad idea and I don’t appreciate you avoiding the main topic of my reply. I don’t see why you had to make yourself (and your friend) admin in every exe-powered game without edits. This makes your resource far less trustworthy.

Even if you aren’t giving yourself admin, you’re still giving rank 200 in your group rank 8. For the less knowledgeable people you just scored free admin. If I have no idea what I’m doing and just add myself to your table that leaves you and your 200-ranked friend with high admin powers (enough to ban people).

I’m not calling your product bad (it looks nice; some might say form over function) but this is 100% not cool. You need to update it to comment it out and use filler values but for a lot of people their view is already probably tainted.

For example, what I would do is:

local PERMITTED_PLAYERS = {
	--[1] = { --// Your UserID
	--	["BANNABLE"] = false;
	--	["KICKABLE"] = false;
	--	["TIER"] = 0 --// See below for permissions
	--};
}

local PERMITTED_GROUP = 0 --// Your group ID

local PERMITTED_RANKS = {
	[255] = { --// Group rank
		["BANNABLE"] = false;
		["KICKABLE"] = false;
		["TIER"] = 10 --// See below for permissions
	};
}

6 Likes

I hope this is a joke, obviously she added this as a template to further understand how to properly set up ID’s, as most people that do grab admin panels they are expected to go ahead and edit.

How are you going to get an Admin script and not change the roles/rankings in the script it self. Obviously there must have some due-diligence somewhere.

There are tons of Admin Scripts that also do this as for example:

HD Admin, (Already placed in Gear Blacklist)

Simple Admin,

So yea, all admins systems do this as a way to tell the user to edit your settings.

TD;LR
If you are going to get an Admin System you are 100% going to change the rankings / roles, there really isn’t an issue in this. Unless its fully hidden in someway inside of the system which it isn’t its there as a template for people to see how to add their userids as NOT everyone on this platform are scripters.

7 Likes

The point was that less experienced users/people rushing could only edit the users field and leave groups wide open like this case. I don’t see the harm in using placeholders (like the Roblox user or group) or just commenting it out.

1 Like

Kind of depends on the scenario, if it was hidden I understand that but the fact it is inside of the module where you need to edit the Admin System for it to function there is no reason for this you are 100% bound to open this file and edit it, which the template is there for.

5 Likes

yeah i’m assuming everything went into the showcase and UI (i don’t mean to hate; especially since i didn’t check it out yet)

4 Likes

The showcased features are actually just the new features in this version. Check this topic to see all of the functionality it has.

3 Likes

is the custom command creation the same?

1 Like

yes, i think
you can check it out here Product: exe | Learn How to Create Custom Commands! [OUTDATED]

1 Like

I’m still working on the Custom Commands post but it’s easily understandable. You just need to set up your Custom Commands in the module.

Also, you can set a Tier for Custom Commands too! So you can make an exclusive custom command for just only a certain Tier.

1 Like

hi, im using LegacyChatService. how do i switch the toggle from TextChatService to LegacyService?
or, how is the panel toggled, do i just need to make a chat command that FindFirstChilds the exe admin panel and turn on the frames visibility?

1 Like

You can click here and check how it’s going to be installed. For the TextChatService, you can go to Explorer > TextChatService > ChatVersion = TextChatService

image image

1 Like

sorry if this is a pain but i already have my game based entirely already on LegacyChatService, so i cant change it to textchatservice. what i meant before is there a setting to change the /exe and /reset cmds to LegacyChatService. or u could tell me where the script is that handles the chat commands so i could edit and convert those TextChatCommands to working for LegacyChatService. i know it already works if you press F2 but there is no way to open this on mobile without converting my ENTIRE game to be using textchatservice and im not rly doing that.

1 Like

To make (only) the /exe command work with LegacyChatService, you would have to edit some of the scripts.

First, add a RemoteEvent into the events folder and name it “admin_panel_open”.

Next, add a regular Script into ServerScriptService. The name doesn’t matter.
Copy and paste this code into it.

local ChatServiceRunner = game:GetService("ServerScriptService"):WaitForChild("ChatServiceRunner")
local ChatService = require(ChatServiceRunner.ChatService)
local remote = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").exe_storage.events.admin_panel_open

local function toggleExe(plr: string, msg: string)
	if msg == nil then return false end
	if string.sub(msg, 1, 4) == "/exe" then
		remote:FireClient(game:GetService("Players")[plr])
		return true
	end
	return false
end

ChatService:RegisterProcessCommandsFunction("exe", toggleExe)

This code makes the Server listen for someone sending the message “/exe”, fires the remote event, and hides the message in chat!

Lastly, go into the window_handler script.
You should see this piece of code in it

textchat_service.toggle_exe.Triggered:Connect(function()
	if not db  then
		db = true

main_module:exe_admin_panel(not main_frame.Visible)

--
		task.wait(1)
		--

db = false
	end
end)

Remove it and replace it with

local remote = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").exe_storage.events.admin_panel_open

remote.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()
	if not db  then
		db = true

main_module:exe_admin_panel(not main_frame.Visible)

--
		task.wait(1)
		--

db = false
	end
end)

This code opens the admin panel, what a surprise!

The remote event is used to send a signal to the Client from the Server to open the admin panel.
As far as I’m aware, only the server can stop the message from sending with a command.

• I didn’t post in a while so sorry if it’s quite hard to read.
  • Keep in mind that this might not be the most well made way of doing this.
  • Please tell me if you want me to tell you how to add the reset exe command.
2 Likes

Will there be a command line/console like cmdr for running commands quickly?

Still seems that usability and speed is sacrificed over a “pretty” UI

2 Likes

I agree on this, Most pages take way to long to load and ui can be buggy especialy when trying to drag tools

Having some issues, set my rank up to 100 and I can do everything but ban people and kick people out who are in the server, theres no problem banning people not in the server.

This is amazing!

Ironic how this is the 28th reply with a post that currently has 28 likes that was made on September 28th

2 Likes

hi, i did all the steps you said, heres a screenshot of your code block in the window handler:

but when i type it, it shows this:

and after i close the panel and try to type the /exe command again, it doesn’t even open, and provides the same warning/error.

Can you kindly DM me your place file?